Pages

Thursday 18 July 2024

Sending Love and Prayers

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Welcome to the Tic Tac Toe challenge where Betty is inspiring you today with a fabulously versatile board:
 

 
I went with the centre column, Die Cuts/Free/Any Sentiment, and made a card for a friend who is struggling with health issues.
 

Isn't it fun to bring out a stamp set you haven't used for a long time! Here, I used the retired Banners For You  by Stampin' Up. To begin, I masked off the edges on a thick card base with low tack tape, then used leaves and flowers and berries from the stamp set to create a background pattern. With the tape still in place, I gently sponged a blue-green ink from the edges inwards. After adding dots of white acrylic paint to the berries, and stalks with a fineliner pen, I removed the tape.
 

To create the label, I stamped a sentiment onto an offcut of white card, then trimmed it to size with a nesting label die making sure I kept the sentiment in the top half. I then stamped a leafy stem and flower using the same colours as the background and fussy cut it. The flower was popped up with small pieces of dimensional tape and the label attached to the card front.
 
Okay, now it's your turn! Head over to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge and check out all the amazing inspiration there; choose your row, column or diagonal from the board and make a card using the suggestions; share it with us using the blue Linky button at the bottom of the challenge post. We can't wait to see what you make!

CHALLENGES
I used the red and green colours from Color Hues for this card, so I'm linking up there. The all-over pattern at Beautiful Blossoms also inspired me so I'm joining in there too.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
Life seems to have a bit of a cake theme at the moment! There are lots of events going on and I have been baking cakes for each of them; also a lovely friend, taking pity on my stressiness, whisked me out for an early coffee yesterday and made me* eat a scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam for breakfast! Verdict? Ten out of ten, would recommend as a top breakfast!
 
*I may not have put up much of a fight!

Sending hugs,

8 comments:

  1. I love it, its so effective but sends a powerful caring message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card with a thoughtful sentiment,I'm sure it have comfort to your friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty card to cheer someone up when they’re unwell.

    How kind of your friend to whisk you out for coffee and a scone for brekkie - just the ticket! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these red flowers and the way you have presented the sentiment, Vicky! So cheerful and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A baker as well as a talented crafter not at all surprised !! Fabulous card I love the little touches of white on the berries and the beautiful colours achieved. Just finished a batch of scones for friends who are coming for breakfast the only thing missing is clotted cream can't get it here so have to do with normal cream just not the same. Fortunately they are Greek and havent had the pleasure !Hope all is well with you and yours.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful bright card Vicky, I'm sure your friend was delighted and cheered up with it. As for the scone and cream, ANY time is right to eat one. So yummy. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card - love the patterned background you created!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)