Pages

Thursday 15 August 2024

Sunshine celebrations

Hello, crafting friends!
 
It's time for another Tic Tac Toe challenge, and this time, the board has been devised by Linda! She's opted for some lovely seasonal ideas.
 

I went for the diagonal from top left: Sunshine/Free/Blue to make a masculine birthday card.
 

The background was made by masking off a rectangle on an offcut of white card and stenciling a sunburst using yellow inks through Clearly Besotted's Sunny Day stencil. I trimmed this out with a stitched rectangle die and mounted it on another offcut of white card, trimmed to be ever so slightly larger than the sunshine one and swiped with blue ink. I sponged a card base with paler blue ink and attached the sunny panel to the card front.
 

The banner is from Concord and 9th's Hello Sunshine stamp set. I stamped it with blue ink twice on more offcuts of white card and stamped and heat embossed one of them in red with a sentiment from Uniko's Floral Vines. I sponged both with pale blue ink and snipped them out with paper snips, cutting just the central bit of the sentiment version to pop up over the whole banner. A few colourful enamel stars finished the card.

Okay, now it's your turn! Do hop over to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge blog to check out all the beautiful cards the rest of the design team has made to inspire you. Choose a row, column or diagonal from the board and create a card, then link it up with us using the blue Linky button at the bottom of the challenge blog post. We are looking forward to seeing what you make!
 
CHALLENGES
I'm off to the Snippets Playground with this card as I used lots of offcuts of white card to make it;  I'm also linking up with The Male Room, which is challenging us to make Mixed Media masculine cards; and Allsorts, where Sarah's optional theme is Summer Days.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
While I was getting this post ready, the golden girls were romping about playing with each other. They play pretty boisterous games, taking it in turns to be hunter and prey. I am always impressed with the way they look so fierce with all their jaws exposed but never hurt a hair of each others heads (or bodies come to that!) Lulu is younger and more agile but she never takes advantage, always deferring to her big sister.
 
I stopped typing for a minute to see if I could get a photo of them playing but they immediately stopped...
 
 
... and Eva made this "WHAT?!!" face at me! Lulu looks very submissive in this photo but do not be deceived! She will be up and fighting as soon as I have stopped interfering with my silly photos!
 
Sending hugs,

11 comments:

  1. Your card filled my evening with sunshine,a wonderful make. Great pic of the golden girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cheerful sunny card for sure, I love it's simplicity it lets the sentiment "shine".

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely sunny birthday card and great pic of the Golden Girls xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Vicky! The girls are absolutely beautiful! To me, Lulu is down in the 'ready to play' position that Dudley uses and Eva certainly is giving you a slightly stern look. Get on with your own fun Mum!! Tee, hee!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderfully sunny card, perfect for our Summer Days theme at Allsorts. Thank you for sharing. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card, the stencilled sunburst is beautiful. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card and beautiful dogs! Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A sunshiny card all fresh and full of cheer for a birthday! The girls look very happy together. I hope Eva's paw is better now. I've been otherwise occupied with life stuff and have missed a lot here, but had a nice catch up visit today. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bright, suny and summery! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)