Pages

Thursday 29 August 2024

How lovely are your branches

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Yet again the end of the month has hurtled towards me without a single Christmas card being made for my stash! Out came the inks and stamps and sponges as I made a valiant effort to address the situation (although it is very difficult making a card while two pairs of anxious brown eyes are just mentioning that it's really time for a walk and you must have forgotten and we don't want to push ourselves forward but we know you wouldn't want to abandon your proper duties...!)
 

I came up with this vintage-style card by stamping a card panel with one of the fir tree from an older set, Spruce Trees by Inkylicious. I used a greyish brown ink, stamped off, then sponged over the trees with more of the same ink plus some pale blue ink for a misty feel. To create 'snow', I wet my hands with water and clapped over the panel, blotted it with a paper towel and left it to dry. To complete the background, I added script using a stamp from The Greetery's Pretty Postmarks and sponged dark green ink at the bottom of my panel to ground the trees.
 

The next stage was to stamp a different spruce for the focal tree. I stamped it in dark green ink then cleaned the stamp, moved the panel very slightly in my stamp positioner, and stamped it again using white craft ink. I added a little brown marker to the trunk of the tree and used a white acrylic marker to add more snow. The sentiment from Uniko's Rustic Wreath was stamped in red and I mounted the panel on matching card. Finally, I decorated the tree with glitter glue lights and and a tiny glittery star.

CHALLENGES
I was inspired by the misty tree from the mood board at Peace on Earth as well as the Vintage theme at Jingle Belles; I'm also joining in with Rudolph Days where Anything Christmas goes. I noticed that Retro Rubber has a Great Outdoors theme and since my Spruce Trees set is from 2015, I'm playing along there too :)

AND IN OTHER NEWS
When my children were little and things were getting a bit hectic, I would find myself speaking in what we called my 'Mary Poppins voice'. I was thinking about that this morning as I was flying about trying to shorten my To Do list and wishing that I could snap my fingers as she did in the (original) film to get things tidied away!
 

 Sending hugs,


13 comments:

  1. Wow, you can really feel the winter mist. A sensationally beautifully designed card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful magical card Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your moody misty treescape Vicky, perfect Christmas card, and a happy belated Rudolph day to you too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderfully ethereal Rudolph Day card. Love how you made it misty.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation Vic! LOVE the depth you've achieved on this wintry scene! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice stamping off and sponging for that background! Love Mary Poppins, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous. I love it ! So dreamy and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful atmospheric card Vicky and love the pop of red with the matted layer and sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful, misty forest scene, Vicky! Magical!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful - such an elegant design.

    Thanks for joining me at the Rudolph Days Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a dreamily beautiful forest with the one tree bedecked in sparkle. Brilliantly done and a card to treasure. Thanks for the fun video. How I wish I could accomplish my housework so efficiently and easily!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your misty winter scene

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)