Pages

Wednesday 4 September 2024

September sunflowers

Hello, crafting friends!
 
September has arrived in a blaze of sunshine and there's a fab new Flower Challenge for the month!
 

We are going back to basics with stamping this month and I couldn't be happier: stamps and ink are my happy place :) Here's what I made:
 

The sunflower stamp is from Clearly Besotted's Sending Sunshine. I stamped it in pale yellow ink and covered it with a mask made from a sticky note. The jar came next. It's from The Greetery's Just Mason Around and is a 3 step layering stamp which produces a lovely glass effect. I made another mask with a sticky note and covered the jar. Leaving both of the masks in place, I set to work on a background. The ground was stamped with Stampin' Up's Hardwood background stamp and I covered that up to stencil above it with Funky Fossil's Brick Wall stencil. The stencil was removed and the brickwork sponged with brown ink for a more subtle look.
 

All the masks were removed at this stage and I coloured the sunflower bouquet using alcohol markers and coloured pencils. The acid yellow daisies are to be seen everywhere in the countryside at the moment so I teamed the darker sunflowers with these. To finish, I stamped a couple more of the daisies, fussy cut them, coloured them and glued them to the ground for balance before attaching the panel to a card base.
 
Okay, it's your turn! Here's how to play: first, hop over to The Flower Challenge blog to check out the beautiful inspiration from my team mates; second, make a card featuring one or more stamped flowers as the focal image; third, share with us using the blue Linky button at the bottom of the post. We can't wait to see what you come up with!

CHALLENGES
I'm joining in with the Sunflower theme at Double D and at Triple B with my yellow blooms; I'm also playing at We Love Stamping where Lorraine's challenge is to include a Handcoloured Image.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
What lovely sunshiney flowers sunflowers are!
 

Great for hiding behind too. By the way, has anyone seen Lulu?!

Sending hugs,

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. No - sorry - I can’t see Lulu ANYWHERE!

    Wow that’s a gorgeous jar of flowers. Beautifully stamped, masked and coloured. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks hand painted, absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunningly beautiful! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Vicky, love all the detail, sunflowers always seem to look like they’re smiling. I’m reading this, this morning, while torrential rain, thunder and lightening rumble around us…summer coming to an abrupt end I fear! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunflowers are the happiest of flowers and they look perfect in a mason jar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an incredibly gorgeous card, so beautifully stamped and colored! I'm besotted with your Clearly Besotted Sunflowers stamp, and love the scene you set with the stamped wood table and stenciled brickwork wall. Your Lulu is looking mighty sweet with her sunflower, too! It's lovely to see your card in our sunflower gallery at Double D. Thank you for sharing, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful jar of sunflowers and daisies! Love the softness of the colored pencil coloring and the lovely brick background! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spectacular, Vicky!!! All that masking was well worth it for the composition and dimension you got on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanted to come by and tell you how gorgeous this is! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vicky, your card is such a beauty with your wonderful coloring and the fabulous background you created! The Mason jar is indeed lovely, so remarkably realistic looking. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the masked stamping, it's hard to motivate myself to do more of it. I often end up just fussy cutting and layering. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)