Pages

Tuesday 6 April 2010

Forest Friends nautical children's card

I had such fun with this card! It started when I was playing with my Something Fishy wheel and realised that if you cut out and layered the waves you could tuck a little boat in there. So I made a boat and then felt it needed a sailor... although I'm not sure that Mr Rabbit feels all that happy about it!


I thought it needed an extra something so I tried a circle of piercing round the boat. The light shone through it in an interesting way but the colours were a bit same-ish so I sponged some sage shadow onto the water to give it a bit of depth.


That's better! The children and I were making up stories about the rabbit: we think he was running away from someone and hid in the boat. He was so tired out that he fell asleep and next minute he woke up and found himself all alone in a boat on the high seas! Poor Mr Rabbit! I was so worried about him that I almost put a friend in the boat to keep him company but that would've ruined the card... and anyway, those fish look friendly - I'm sure they'll help him out! (My wicked daughter began muttering darkly about Piranhas at this point but I told her firmly that all my stories have happy endings!)

Supplies: (all Stampin' Up unless specified)
Stamps: Forest Friends
Ink: Brilliant Blue, Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow
Card stock: Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Real Red, Brilliant Blue
Other: Something Fishy jumbo wheel, paper piercer, circle punches, white gel pen

We've become rather fond of Mr Rabbit in our house and I've a feeling we haven't seen the last of him. Come back soon for more of his exciting adventures!

1 comment:

  1. I, too, vote for a happy ending. This is indeed a happy card -- the piercing around the boat really sets it off. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)