Pages

Wednesday 7 April 2010

Vintage Kraft birthday

This week I'm going to be busy making birthday cards. Today's card has a rustic, vintage feel (although the recipient is definitely not rustic or vintage!)


Don't you just love the flowers? The large one is made using the scallop circle punch - it's not my original idea and I've seen it around (you can see one tutorial here.) I used the same method to make the smaller flower with the sort of scallop-shaped flower from the Boho Blossoms punch. The leaves are punched using the new two-step bird punch from the mini catalogue and that polka dot background is from the mini too. I'm excited about the sentiment tag - it's one of the stamps from the Punches Three hostess set that you can punch out using the square scallop punch and trim down if you like. I think it's perfect for vintage style. I coloured the stamp with a marker, excluding the sentiment, and then added a different sentiment using the stamp-a-ma-jig for accurate placement.

Supplies: 
Stamps: Punches Three (tag), Vintage Labels (sentiment)
Ink: Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel
Card stock: Kraft, Real Red, Garden Green
Other: Two-step bird punch, square scallop punch, scallop circle punch, silver brads, gingham ribbon

Well if today's card was all about country and shabby chic, tomorrow's will be much more contemporary. Hope you can join me then!

1 comment:

  1. Squeal!!! Vicky, you know exactly what I am thinking! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)