Pages

Monday 12 March 2012

Everybunny with a masculine pun

Good morning. I must apologise for going AWOL - I was away for a funeral last week and then the weekend was full of preparations for my youngest son's birthday yesterday. In fact, it's his birthday card that I'm showing you today:


The mushrooms come from the Everybunny stamp set I'm so obsessed with at the moment. It's an Easter set but you can use it for so many other things! I've seen this punning sentiment lots of times before and thought it would be perfect for my jokey son who really is a fun guy! I made mine on the computer and printed it off onto Very Vanilla card stock which I used to form a banner across the card.


Here's a close-up of those fabulous mushrooms - I stamped the outline of them and coloured them in with markers. You may notice a couple of score lines underneath - I love to add these to ground an image. I chose Confetti White card stock to add interest to the design and punched a decorative hole through the tiny bit of banner on the left.

Here's what you'll need to make this card:
STAMPS: Everybunny
INK: Basic Grey
CARD STOCK: Confetti White, Very Vanilla
OTHER: Markers, scoring tool, cropadile or hole punch, stampamajig
I'd be delighted to order any of these supplies for you and can have them delivered to your address in the UK. Just give me a call on 01280 820593 or send me an email - I'm committed to providing excellent customer service and am happy to offer help and advice.
Until the 31st March, you're entitled to choose a free Sale-a-bration stamp set or set of papers for EVERY £45 you spend! Click here to see all the fabulous free sets! 

My son had a lovely birthday opening presents, playing outside in the surprisingly warm sunshine and, later, eating out at a wonderful buffet-style restaurant called Red Hot. You can help yourself at the buffet as many times as you like at this place and you certainly don't leave hungry! My two sons have the greatest difficulty with self-restraint and complained they had little room left for pudding. "I know - drink some of your lemonade," suggested my youngest son. "You might burp and that would make a bit of space!" We hushed him at once but he was later heard to say: "There we go! Space made!"

Thanks for dropping in today and a special thank you to all those who have left lovely messages for me about my absence last week. I really do appreciate it. I'll be back tomorrow with a little watercolouring - hope to see you then,





18 comments:

  1. You've done a great job showcasing "Everybunny", and to think I'd thought of it as just Easter. Good to have you back, I always enjoy your blog, and hearing the funny things your family say. Life is never dull when we have kids! Helen (Sydney)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you are back, I have been having withdrawal symptoms!
    I love the toadstools and the greeting was very apt for your son. Sounds like you all had a good day yesterday, burps and all!
    L x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Vicki! Love how you've just used the mushroom stamp from an easter set to mae a birthday card. You have the best ideas!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and pun - I bet your son loved it. Sounds like he had a brilliant birthday, I laughed out loud at the "space" comment - hope the pudding was good!! x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to have you back Vicky and with such a great card. Thought you'd brought your kids up better than that :0)
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure this card went down a treat with your little fungi! It's smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicky...it took a little while for the penny to drop - lol! It's my age you know. But what a great play on words and a really terrific card x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot to say... It's good to have you back, and I'm pleased that your son had a great birthday! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous card I love the mushrooms/fungi and I bet your son did too. loved the "space" story so like "boys" of whatever age:)
    Sounds like you've had an hectic time..
    suzi b xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card, Vicky! I love the fungi! Sounds like you had a great time yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vicky, good to have you back in Blogland and good to hear the birthday went well...love the quip about burping... just the sort of thing my brother would have said at that age!!
    Brilliant card I bet the pun was well received :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great card Vicky...and we have missed you

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Vicky, welcome back! I bet your son roared when he saw his card, it's brilliant:) Thanks for your lovely comments on my grandmotherhood!!Is that a word?:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card Vicky, and a super sentiment.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL, I love this! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I LOVE it!! Just suits the occasion perfectly ;)
    Glad to hear you had a lovely birthday tea....burps and all! Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your brilliant puny card and glad the boys had such a good time at the buffet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super fun card. Sounds like you all had a wonderful day. x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)