Pages

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Happiness Shared with script

If you subscribe to my blog feed, you may not have received yesterday's post. I do apologise for the disruption - I've been carrying out some maintenance on my site and was alerted to the fact that some people weren't receiving the feed. All should be as normal again now.

The one layer card has come round again at Less is More and the particular challenge this week is to include script in your card - in addition to the sentiment. Funnily enough, I've had the idea for this card in my head for a while so it all came together very quickly. Come and have a look:


I made a mask by stamping the stunning dog rose stamp onto a post it note and cutting it out with my sharp paper snips. The mask was stuck to the card front and I stamped over it with my script image. When the mask was peeled away, I stamped another dog rose in the space left for it - using my stamp-a-majig for accurate positioning.


The flower was coloured with my aquapainter and inks and I love the delicate look it gives. Naturals Ivory takes the ink beautifully but you may need to pop the card under a pile of magazines for a little while if the card stock warps slightly with the water. When the ink was dry, I used a marker to add the yellow stamens that characterise these gorgeous wild roses.


I used a sentiment from Sincere Salutations and I love the way it fits into the shape of the rose.

Here's what you need to make today's card:
STAMPS: Happiness Shared, Sincere Salutations, French Foliage
INK: Basic Grey, Pear Pizzazz, Wild Wasabi, Blushing Bride, Pretty in Pink
CARD STOCK: Naturals Ivory
OTHER: Daffodil Delight marker, aquapainter, stamp-a-majig
I'd be delighted to order any of these items for you and can have them delivered to your address in the UK. I'm committed to providing excellent customer service and am always happy to offer help and advice.
Until the 31st March you can choose a free stamp set or pack of papers as part of the Sale-a-bration promotion - with EVERY £45 you spend. Click here to see all the Sale-a-bration freebies.

On the way back from school yesterday, I was singing an old song 'Wild in the Country' which contains the line 'snakes in the grass are absolutely free'. My son was amused by this and told me he was imagining it to be an advertising campaign: Get your free snake - absolutely free when you purchase any two products! I often think it must be amazing to live inside the head of my son.

I'm very late for Less is More this week but I hope to have a lovely browse and see what everyone's come up with. If you've not tried this challenge before, why not give it a go?

See you tomorrow,

45 comments:

  1. I love the delicate colour of your dog rose, Vicky. All three stamps work so well together...such a great take on the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soft and pretty! Love the coloring and thanks for the tip when the card stock slightly warps! Beautiful card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, so delicate and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is just BEAUTIFUL! I love the script added with the flower.
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beauitful card Vicki! So soft and feminine!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and what lovely stamps..you have coloured your flower beautifully

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Vicky

    So soft, serene and gentle, just fabulous.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card with a vintage feel; I love the use of the script and it's nice to see this little used stamp showcased. Have a good week !
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely beautiful, Vicky, and cleverly put together. Love your son's card from yesterday too, glad I didn't miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely combination of stamps Vicky, beautifully coloured!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Vicky, I love the delicate colouring on this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card and I just LOVE that song - I have the 80's version in my head now . .. thanks! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card - love your delicate colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Vicky. Perhaps you could get your son in the selling of SU - buy two products get a snake free - or maybe not!!!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hola Vicky, gorgeous card, i love the colouring, very soft, beautiful!.
    I think you never will be bored with your son:D, his brain have a continous brainstorming:D.
    A hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks so delicate Vicky... super card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so beautiful I love it .Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  18. So elegant and pretty, love the combination it works perfectly Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A truly stunning card, really beautiful x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card love the soft colours of the dog rose x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hola Vicky, thank you for your comment about my butterfly, I was not to much sure about this proyect for OLW, but now is pos it, thank you Vicky.
    Good afternoon

    ReplyDelete
  22. Clever masking Vicky, and I remember Bow Wow Wow very well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Terrific...of course!
    Love how everything fits together, like a jigsaw puzzle
    Love your son's mind too lol
    Thank you so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beutiful card, love the delicate colours x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi VVicky
    Fabulous card ...love the delicate colour....not manage LIM this week my mojo has gone ........
    hugs sylviexxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. There you go again with your wonderful colouring Vicky, the dog rose is truly beautiful and delicate as it should be :0)
    Love how the sentiment fits right into the petals !
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's lovely Vicky, so soft and subtle - love how it all comes together :) Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card Vicky, your colouring is stunning. Thanks for visiting me.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great card again Vicky :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful soft delicate colours Vicky, I love this card.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the soft colours and fab stamps, a lovely card :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  32. This cardissimply beautiful! Love the soft colors you chose...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Vicky, thanks for your comments, your card is fabulous, very clever.
    I didn't mean to sound as if I had wasted my money on the stamp, I was really just trying to use something else instead of 'stash' but maybe that was the wrong thing to use, will have to think again.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Vicky thanks for stopping by my blog and your kind words. Love your card and I'm so pleased you described how you masked your flower. I've been doing it the wrong way - stamping the flower on the card first then sticking a post-it note over the top before I overstamped with the text. This sounds a much better way and means the text will probably come out a lot clearer. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for your comment Vicky. I love your card - the one layer collage is just perfect. I also adore your brayered blue card.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Just love that Happiness Shared Vicky. Your card is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lovely placement and colour Vicki! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Vicky!! Your card is just beautiful...simply lovely ...so soft and pretty:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Vicky, that flower is just gorgeous!! I think I "need" it! LOL! Your card is simply marvelous this week!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgeous card and so delicately coloured such an elegant beauty.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  41. Another gorgeous card Vicky! Nx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)