Pages

Thursday 15 March 2012

Three Minute Thursday Good Luck

I was so looking forward to using last week's ColourQ inspiration but sadly, being called away meant I didn't get time. This week there's a very intriguing palette!


Greens and greys - aren't they gorgeous?! Greens are always associated with good luck in my mind (for some reason that I can't quite pin down at the moment...!) so I made a quick good luck card. Come and have a look:


This ornate frame from the free Sale-a-bration set Elementary Elegance is perfect for a focal sentiment and seems to be at home in pretty much any colour. Not only that but the set is free with any order of £45 or more - which just adds to its loveliness!


The sentiment is from Sincere Salutations and is one of my most-used sentiment sets with its gorgeous flowing scripts. I added the little bird from Elementary Elegance - I love the way these little images look when they're used as part of a sentiment.

Here's what you need to make today's card:
STAMPS: Elementary Elegance, Sincere Salutations,
INK: Basic Grey, Garden Green, Wild Wasabi
CARD STOCK: Naturals Ivory, Certainly Celery, Garden Green
OTHER: Stamp-a-majig
I'd be delighted to order any of these items for you and can have them delivered to your address in the UK. I'm committed to providing excellent customer service and am always happy to offer help and advice.
Until the 31st March you can choose a free stamp set or pack of papers as part of the Sale-a-bration promotion - with EVERY £45 you spend. Click here to see all the Sale-a-bration freebies.

Come and see the lemon meringue pie I made on Sunday:


My son isn't a big fan of cake so he asked me to make him a lemon meringue pie for his birthday instead. The last one of these I made was before I had the children!


It was pretty tasty, although I did wonder how we were going to get the candles in...


In the end my son lit and blew out one large candle 11 times which he enjoyed enormously!

I'm still trying to catch up after being away last week and after the weekend's birthday celebrations, so if I haven't been round to your blog yet I do apologise - I'll get there in the end!

See you tomorrow,

29 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful Good Luck card! This is one of my most used sentiments too and I think most of my customers have bought it. That pie is delicious. Our oldest daughter still wants apple pie for her birthday. I think lighting and blowing out the candle 11 times is a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Vicky Fantastic , the pie looks scrummy, you are so talented. Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you associate greens with good luck because of four leaf clovers? Loving all those springlike shades :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the shades of green on this card. It's really beautiful, especially with that gorgeous frame. That lemon meringue looks divine. I remember my grandma making them when I was a little girl. I don't think I've had one in 30 years! Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely little good luck card Vicky

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab card Vicky, I couldn't get inspired with all those greens on the challenge this week but you've done it perfectly. Lemon Meringue is my all time favourite as well (and it's my birthday soon!!!!)
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grey and green is a great colour combo.

    Your Lemon Meringue Pie looks delicious. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Vicky, looks great in that colourway. Love your lemon meringue pie, my favourite dessert!!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Yummy looking pie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. IHi Vicky
    What arn't you good at ..... Yummy pie ...... Fabby card ...
    Hugs Sylvie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. IHi Vicky
    What arn't you good at ..... Yummy pie ...... Fabby card ...
    Hugs Sylvie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is lovely, Vicky. But your lemon meringue pie looks delicious!! You are a lady with many talents xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday to your son, you made me laugh over the candle, that's what I call recycling!
    Gorgeous card, a perfect take on the inspiration pic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card....a nice way to use those "intriguing" colors!!! (she said with a snarky grin!), and your pie looks delicious! That is not one of my favorites, but yours looks PERFECT. I have NEVER even made a lemon meringue pie! Seeing the candle reminded me of the time my sister, as an adult, wanted a Boston Creme pie instead of a birthday cake. Since her birthday is right around Christmas, we took a plastic candle from the windowsill and stuck it on top of the cake---cord & all!!! Glad your son had fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Vicky - ooh yummy I love lemon meringue pie and that looks scrummy! As for your card that's gorgeous and a fab colour combination that I would never thought of! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. That really is a gorgeous stamp and I love how you've let it shine on this gorgeous card. And as for that pie... Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this card. The greens and grey are a perfect combo and that stamp is divine - my favourite of all the Sale-a-brations stamps.
    Yummy looking pie x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love those greens too on this weeks colourQ, the ornate frame looks just swell in the green and clever to use the mats to incorporate the other shades :0)
    The pie looks amazing, I'll take your word for how it tastes as I'm not a lemon fan !
    Blowing out a candle 11 times is a great idea...... I think I'd get quite light-headed if I tried that!!!!! Lol
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your take on the ColourQ inspiration Vicky, your card is gorgeous and I REALLY love your lemon meringue.....my favourite! if I'd known you were making this I would have flown home with you ;) Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very regal looking! Mmm yummy pie. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card, Vicky, I love what you did with that stamp! The lemon m pie looks yummy! It has been a long time since I made one or ate a piece. yum, yum! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week. My sons birthday is New Years Day so we always had him a cherry pie!

    ReplyDelete
  22. very pretty! that pie looks good!! thanks so much for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  23. fabulous card, love the colour combination and that gorgeous stamp ! The pie looks delicious mouthwatering I do love a good lemon pie. Happy belated birthday for your on.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  24. So elegant Vicky! The sentiment is framed beautifully! And I always prefer pie on my birthday too - blueberry for me!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a beautiful and elegant card Vicky, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card Vicky! All the CQC girls voted for your card on the condition you send us all one of those pies - LOL! COngrats on being this week's colourQueen and thank you so much for your beautiful entry!

    ReplyDelete
  27. congrats on your win at ColourQ! that lemon meringue looks delicious! my mam baked me one of those circa my 10th birthday, and it became my traditional "birthday cake" since then, miam!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations on being this week's Colour Queen - it's a fabulous card. I'm with Arielle - would love a piece of that pie it looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Vicky,
    oh I've just spotted your lemon meringue pie. You can't imagine how much this pie remembers me to the wonderful time I had living in the UK.
    And...congratulations on beeing this week's Colour Queen !
    Kerstin x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)