Pages

Tuesday 21 July 2015

Watercolouring with The Wilderness Awaits by Stampin' Up

I love the idea of making scenes with stamps, and the realistic style of stamp sets like The Wilderness Awaits is perfect for them. Scenes don't have to be complicated as I show in today's card. Come and see:


I adore this gorgeous dog image, although naturally a golden Retriever would have been better ;) For the background, I just scribbled the ink around in a rough circle shape. If you don't trust yourself to get the shape right, why not cut a template with a large circle framelit and watercolour within the boundary?


You could keep the images in this set very traditional with a simple greeting or you could add a modern twist with a sentiment like this banner-style one from Endless Thanks photopolymer set.

BUY THE SUPPLIES TO MAKE THIS CARD NOW!
Click on any item to be transported to my online shop!

If you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

Eva pup isn't allowed sticks any more after we realised she was actually eating them (!) but I came across this photo on the internet and it made me giggle:


See you tomorrow,

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Vicky!Love that image and your beautiful background sets it off perfectly!
    So,Eva turned into a stick chomper did she? tee hee,little minxy!!-I have just seen the photograph of her in her new bed-she has grown into a lovely big dog!
    Hugs,Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous, Vicky! I love your watercoloring.

    Gentle hugs,
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicky you never fail to inspire me with you cards, your so clever or arty I just cant think of one word to describe how I feel when I look at a lot of your work. I must admit this card with the dog is a favourite from now on. Thank you so much for sharing. Although I am a fellow demonstrator I am a hobbyist only though I still try to show off your beautiful work down here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. I love that dog image, it reminds me of a dog I used to have. You are quite right not to let Eva play with sticks, it can be very dangerous. I never throw sticks but once had a dog who was injured by chewing a stick he had found lying around in the garden. It was a Saturday night and we ended up having to assist the vet whilst he did emergency surgery. Not a night we will forget in a hurry!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)