Pages

Wednesday 22 July 2015

The arty fox! Acrylic block image colouring tutorial

I've been stamping with Stampin' Up's The Wilderness Awaits stamp set and have come up with a really fun arty technique for you to try. Come and see:


This fox is a real cutie isn't he?! Do you like the way I've coloured him in this abstract, watercolour style?

It's so easy to do this!

ACRYLIC BLOCK IMAGE COLOURING TUTORIAL

Here's what you'll need:

The Wilderness Awaits stamp set
Markers (I used Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi and Cajun Craze)
Stazon ink pad
Stamp-a-majig
Stampin' Up's fab new extra thick white card stock
An acrylic block (I used E)
Water in a spritzer (I used an empty Stampin' Mist bottle)

Here's what to do:


Stamp the fox onto your Stamp-a-majig imaging sheet using Stazon ink.


Turn the imaging sheet over so Foxy is facing the other way.


Place the acrylic block over the back-to-front image, so that it shows through, and roughly colour the block with markers using the image as a guide.


Spritz the block with water. I gave mine two spritzes from about 15cm (6") away - you don't want to make it too wet.


Stamp firmly onto the card stock using a surface with some 'give' - the Stampin' Pierce Mat is perfect for this. Admire the arty way the ink pools! Each time you do this you'll come up with something unique :)


Give the inky background a few minutes to dry, then ink Mr Fox up with Stazon ink and, using the stamp-a-majig, position the stamp so that the colours of the background correspond with the image. Don't worry if the colours overlap - it's all part of the arty look!


Add detail with the markers if you like, then add a greeting. See how different the images can look depending on how much water you spritz? The one on the left has more water, the one on the right has less (you can get a closer look if you click on the photo.)


So what do you think? Do you fancy having a go? Let me know how you get on won't you!


BUY THE SUPPLIES TO MAKE THIS CARD NOW!
Click on any item to be transported to my online shop!

If you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

While I was typing up this post, my youngest son came up behind me to talk about something he needed for school. When we'd dealt with that he looked at the screen and smiled. "And now," he said in a David Attenborough voice. "Foxes!"

It's Artisan Design Team blog hop day tomorrow and you'll definitely want to come and have a look because it's all about Packaging! See you tomorrow,

3 comments:

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)