Pages

Sunday 5 January 2020

All you need is love

Hello crafting pals!

I read somewhere the other day that it's only relatively recently in human history that we've lived in the northern hemisphere. And, looking out at the leaden skies and cleaning the endless mud off my boots, I can certainly understand why! It's also clear to me why Valentine's Day turns up in grim February when we're all completely fed up, and I've decided to celebrate love a bit early! Come and see what I made:


I started this card by colouring through a brick stencil from Funky Fossil with pale alcohol markers. The berry bush from Enjoy Life by Stampin' Up was stamped over the bricks. I inked it up with Crumb Cake ink first, then went over the berries with a red marker before stamping.


After stamping, those berries all had to be turned into hearts with the red marker - which was quite the labour of love let me tell you! I do like the result though :)


The checked strip was an off-cut of white card that I stamped with a very useful background stamp by Kaisercraft called Gingham. I added a sentiment from MFT's Floral Focus, stamped on another snippet and cut out with sharp paper snips.

CHALLENGES
On my rounds in Blogland, I spotted a new-to-me challenge site called Time Out Challenges (thanks Stephanie, and sorry it's taken me so long to join the party!) My card was inspired by the fabulous inspiration photo so I shall link up there.



AND IN OTHER NEWS
I have to dash now as I have an appointment with my youngest son to watch Star Wars! We've watched all the films through the holidays and just need to catch up on episode 8 before seeing the last one tomorrow - so no spoilers please!

Thanks for popping in today. I shall be back very soon as all the challenges have been popping up in my inbox and I feel very inspired!

Hugs,

15 comments:

  1. That certainly is a LOVE-ly card! That really must've been a labour of love to turn so many flower heads into hearts!

    I'm off to see the latest Star Wars tonight! Can't wait!

    Hug, Sarn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, You are a punning champ!

      My youngest son and I went off to see it last night! This is a spoiler-free zone of course so I'll email you!

      Hug, xxx

      Delete
  2. I love yellow and red together, Vicky, so I love this! The little sprigged hearts and that gingham strip add even more to love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie - the brickwork is actually a pale tan but it's all the same!

      Delete
  3. This was worth every bit of labor to make those little hearts, Vicky! They're beautiful! Of course, the GINGHAM speaks to my own heart, as you know! Enjoy your date with your son, too! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know LeAnne, you are so the Queen of Gingham that I think of you whenever I see it now!

      It was a great evening!

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful take on our photo, I can see so many details from it here! Beautiful inking and stamping and the ribbon adds a lot of detail and dimension too. Great job! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a labour of love but so, so worth it Vicky- those hearts on the branches are fab! You really have the best ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your beautiful card....all those fabulous little hearts are simply wonderful. It's like you have a field of heart plants, love it. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. Definitely what we need today - fields of heart plants spreading their seeds around!

      Delete
  7. Love this so much!! The soft brick work in the background is gorgeous and those tiny heart branches are beautifully stamped. The arrangement is very modern too, which is love. So glad you joined us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)