Pages

Wednesday 1 January 2020

A wander down Memory Lane

Hello crafting friends!

*Raises coffee cup* Happy New Year and I hope 2020 brings you happy times :)

I've been pottering about in the craft square metre today but the light levels are so low I couldn't photograph anything. I did notice that The Card Concept has a fun challenge going though: to show your favourite card of 2019 and/or your Christmas tree.

I had taken a four-year break from crafting before coming back to it in July of this year, and during that time I'd lost most of my stash. So it has been wonderful building my creative muscles back up as well as building a new stash!

I have two favourite cards this year and both were made using techniques that were new to me. Here's the first:


This background was an experiment that worked better than I had imagined! I topped it with (new) roses coloured with (new) alcohol markers - EVERYTHING was new and SO exciting and I think it's safe to say I fell in love with alcohol markers!
Details of this card are here.

My other favourite is this one:


I was having so much fun experimenting with alcohol markers and this was when I realised you could use them to create a background and combine them with water-based inks and sponging techniques... mind blown!
Details of this card are here.

Would you like to see our Christmas tree? Here it is:


I always put it in a large earthenware pot and add gravel which keeps it in place. It also makes it very stable for when we have dogs round to play with Eva - sometimes the young ones can be quite lively! It's decorated with yellow-based clear lights and red, white, silver and orange ornaments that I've been collecting over the years, and it's hung with lengths of sequins. When I was a Stampin' Up demonstrator, I had loads of rolls of this and this was the perfect way to use them!

CHALLENGES

Thanks for coming to visit me today. It's been lovely casting my mind back to July when I seriously wondered whether I could get back into crafting. Looking at my stash now, it's clear that my main problem is going to be storage... and I'm sure some of you can relate to that! I'd be very interested to hear your top storage tips for a tiny space - do share in the comments below.

I shall be back as soon as we get a bit of daylight!

Hugs,

9 comments:

  1. LOVELY looking Christmas tree - beautifully decorated.

    Two superb picks for your 2 faves of last year.

    Hug, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarn, I've loved it too. Those twinkly lights really do cheer up those dark winter days. All gone now of course for a fresh, uncluttered shiny new year!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Your two picks are spot on. Your tree is lovely and decorated beautifully. I am so glad I found your blog and so enjoy all your stories. So glad you decided to get back into stamping. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I picked these two because I was so excited while making them! Thank you for always being so encouraging Doris, and for leaving such lovely comments. Wishing you a very happy new year too!

      Delete
  3. Yep! back to crafting as if you hadn't been away, I loved these cards on first sight, so I'm glad to see them again.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you have found the joy of card making again...Because you are so talented!!!! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)