Pages

Monday 30 December 2019

Sending thanks in the post

Hello crafting pals!

All the menfolk have gone away to do Manly Things. When asked if I'd be ok on my own, I just did Mutley laughter... I mean, whatever would I think of to do?!!! My craft stash is spread around the living room as we speak and I've made a very quick thank you card. Come and see:


I used Stampin' Up's Letterpress (retired) for that nice bold sentiment and the branch from MFT's Grateful which has proved to be a very useful purchase.


I've gone a bit off-piste with my colours but I kind of like them: dark brown for the sentiment, bright green for the branch and orange for the berries. The berries were punched out using the largest hole on my cropadile.


This is such a quick card - I might make some more of them in different colourways!

CHALLENGES
I noticed that CASology has a Branch cue word, and the challenge is ongoing until 6th January, so I shall link this card up there.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
I'm slowly clearing away the Christmas things and smiling as I remember the fun we had: a noisy family game of Sky-o, brought by my daughter, which was the best fun; when my husband said we'd reached 'dangerously low levels of cheese'; being thanked by my eldest son for 'making Christmas happen every year'; watching the film Paddington with my youngest son and laughing until we cried; Eva's enthusiasm at opening her presents (sadly only blurry photos!) - and a million more memories.


Hmm, might have been a little heavy handed with the brandy this year but our blazing pudding certainly got a huge round of applause!

Hope you're enjoying the Twilight Zone between Christmas and New Year as much as I am. Do let me know what you're up to in the comments below :)

Hugs,

16 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! Love the colors! Thank you for playing along with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you can make the simplest of cards so very beautiful.
    Happy New Year.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Faith!
      Happy new year to you too x

      Delete
  3. Thanks also for entertaining and inspiring us Vicky. Happy New Year to you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lovely Lesley! Thank you and happy new year to you too! xxx

      Delete
  4. That card is berry nice indeed!

    Just add a few spikes and it could be Sea Buckthorn with those lovely orange berries!

    Happy New Year to you and yours. Glad you had loads of fun and made nice memories.

    Happy Hug Many, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! Had to look it up but... ooooh yes! Sea Buckthorn!
      MUCH hug!
      xxx

      Delete
  5. Beautiful CAS card. So glad you have lots of new memories to treasure and wishing you a very happy new year xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea - and a happy new year to you too xx

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you commented on my blog so I could come find yours! I love this card and might have to "borrow" the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely to see you here Nancy and you're very welcome to borrow :)

      Delete
  7. CAS perfection, Vicky, and I'm excited to find you back in the crafty world. I was an avid follower of yours before your hiatus. :) Thanks for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's a very kind thing to say - thanks Jen!

      Delete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)