Pages

Friday 27 December 2019

To the new year!

Hello crafting friends!

I waved a fond farewell to my daughter this morning as she went off on a train to join her boyfriend and his family. The males of the family were milling about in the kitchen (pretty much starving, poor loves!) so I had a little rummage through my craft things. Time to turn my thoughts to the new year...


... and black and gold seem to be my go-to colours this year (here's another version). The wreath was stamped with the beautiful stylised leaf spray from Grateful by MFT. I used my Stampin' Up Twinkle punch to produce stars and dots from gold mirror card, attaching them to the wreath using a Stix2 glue pen. There's a thin frame of mirror card showing around the card panel too.


The centre of the wreath features the exciting-looking clinking glasses from Mimosas by Avery Elle. I heat-embossed them with gold embossing powder and coloured them with a Spectrum Noir alcohol marker, adding touches of extra gold with a gold Stampin' Dazzle pen. The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted's Cityscape, stamped onto a scrap of card stock and snipped into ribbon tails with sharp paper snips.


CHALLENGES
I'm delighted that there are still challenges to join in with at this time of the year! I was inspired by the gorgeous photo and 'Bring in the new year' challenge at Inspired By; I shall also link up with Inspire.Create. where there is a fabulous sketch this week, and Perfectly CAS, where the theme is Celebrate.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
I made this card for a friend of mine who has by-passed a traditional Christmas this year, opting instead to whisk her family off for a long adventure in exotic foreign lands. We often used to spend New Year with them when our children were younger. We would play board games throughout the evening and I remember the excitement of ringing in the new year with clinking glasses of champagne, followed by a rousing chorus or two of Auld Lang Syne. What lovely memories!

I hope you have all had (and in some cases are continuing to have!) a wonderful festive period. Are you back in the crafting saddle now? It's the best way to enjoy a little down time don't you agree?!

Sending hugs,

20 comments:

  1. What a beautiful New Year card . . . Love the colour scheme.

    Happy New year to you, my friend.

    Many Hug, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarn!
      Happy new year to you too!
      Sending Hug,
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Stunning card Vicky, good to hear you had a good time. Happy New Year.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The men were hungry.....so I left them there to go craft! Love it! :D And I love your card too, that colour palette is so classy, perfect for a new year celebration. Thanks so much for playing along at Perfectly CAS, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, put like that it does sound a little heartless doesn't it?! But there were LOADS of leftovers and they were happy and I was also happy so it was a win-win! x

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful new years card design Vicky! love the touches of gold, the off the edge wreath and the glasses of cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky, thank you for celebrating the end of 2019 with IB! Cheers for playing along! Hope to see more of your gorgeous creations in 2020!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card, Vicky! I'm back to crafting... preparing my next online Groovi class for this Saturday. Have a great new year xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. A perfect New Year's card Vicky, love how you've offset the wreath to one side.
    Hope you had a fab Christmas and thanks for sharing at Perfectly CAS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is fabulous, love your CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Vicky! I wanted to share that I created a card completely inspired by your gorgeous card this week! I posted the cards on Instagram, you can view them using #inspiredbylaurel (gallery for the cards from the challenges)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a gallery Danni! So pleased to have inspired you :)

      Delete
  10. Hi Vicky! Happy New Year! I had not seen this awesome card until today. I LOVE it. Went to Amazon and bought the stamps and dies. A fantastic, classy New Years card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm such an enabler Stephanie! Happy new year to you too!

      Delete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)