Pages

Wednesday 8 January 2020

I've got the coral and blues

Hello crafting friends!

What an amazing thing colour is! We all see colours in different ways, they have different effects on us and I think we all have colours we're drawn to and are comfortable with. The colour combination I've used today took me WAY outside my comfort zone. Come and see:


I used coral ink to stamp a tag from a retired Stampin' Up set called Cheerful Tags and stamped over it with an AlteNew birthday greeting. I stamped this a second time on a snippet of white card stock, cutting the 'happy' off, colouring it with a blue Spectrum Noir marker and layering it over the original.


The tag was 'hung' from the top of the card with a line drawn with a coral marker and snipped out, and I added a tassel at the bottom, from Stampin' Up's Celebrate Today (retired.) These were decorated with circles, cut out of card stock with various punches, and some heart and circle enamel embellishments.


The stamped panel was mounted onto a coral card base to add a bit of extra interest.


CHALLENGES
Today's colour scheme comes courtesy of Less is More, where they're inspiring us with last year's Pantone colour of the year Living Coral and this year's True Blue. Hmmm, Coral has grown on me over the last few years but True Blue is a bit of a jolt after all the green blues I've become used to!

I'm also linking my card up with Seize The Birthday where the topping this fortnight is 'Layer It' and where there's also a gorgeous new look - check it out!



AND IN OTHER NEWS
I'm having SUCH a lovely day today! Eva and I went for a nice walk earlier on and she is curled up on the sofa sleeping peacefully. I have the house to myself, am ignoring the housework and have spread crafting things out everywhere instead! Postie has delivered some of the lovely things I spent my Christmas money on... and, well, I'm wondering if this day can get any better?!!!

Thanks for popping in today. See you soon!

15 comments:

  1. Love your birthday tag card . . . very clever on the colouring and hanging of the tag itself.

    It made my heart glad and put a smile on my face to hear what a lovely day you're having.

    Hug, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much hug my friend! (Nearly typed 'my fried' then - which just wouldn't have hit the right note...)
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Smashing take on the coral and blue theme it is too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. LURVE the effect you have achieved with the colours Vicky, great ideas here. How lovley to hear you had a good day, sounds idyllic.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was lovely and relaxing and peaceful and creative! Thanks Faith :)
      x

      Delete
  4. Fabulous! Love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your chosen layout and design Vicky- it showcases these colours beautifully. The dressed tag is so clever - I love your creative style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne! I love your description of the tag as 'dressed' - like a crab :D

      Delete
  6. Wow! This looks fab! Wonderful use of our colors and I love all the small details you added to your tag. I especially love the circles and the heart! Thank you for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous make Vicky, so neat and clean x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... unlike it's creator at the end of the process! Lol x

      Delete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)