Pages

Thursday 9 January 2020

(Don't) let it snow!

Hello crafting friends!

I know it's not Christmas again for another few months (!) but you know, while it's so wintery outside, and you have your things out, and an idea pops into your head, it just seems like a good idea to make a quick festive card! Come and see:


My distress inks have turned up and I LOVE them to bits! Here, I inked up the top third of my card panel in Tumbled Glass using a piece of sponge and let it fade out.


I made a tag from an snippet of white card stock and stamped a sentiment from Uniko's Simply Said Blocks Christmas three times with the aid of my stamp positioner. I love how the red ink pops with the blue and white :) The top of the tag was pierced with a pokey tool and I sewed some cotton thread through it and secured the ends at the back.


The final touch is the die cut snowflakes. Aren't they beautiful? So delicate! They were on a stunning Christmas card I received from my friend and Stampin' Up demo Jan Malcolm, and I carefully removed them so I could re-use them. If they had been from one die or a punch, I'd have bought them like a shot, but they're from two large die sets Christmas Layers (still available) and Frosted Frames (discontinued) so I shall have to continue my perfect snowflake search!

CHALLENGES
I shall be linking this card up with 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, where there is a beautiful sketch that has been calling me; also Just Us Girls, where the theme is Snowflakes; and last but not least, CAS Christmas, where the challenge is to use a tag on a Christmas card.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
Snow IS lovely isn't it. On a card. Or out of a window. Eva doesn't agree - she is dead keen on snow and likes to be as close as possible to it!


Here she is having a rootle around in some, in a photo taken a couple of years ago :)

What do you think? Do you already have loads of snow? Are you hoping for some? Or would you rather not?

Hugs,

27 comments:

  1. LOVE your snow wishes card! Tumbled Glass is just about my fave DI colour!

    Eva really is a beautiful looking dog (or, I suppose I should say bitch, but it sounds so RUDE!).

    I used to love snow . . . but less and less as I get older and more creaky! LOL!

    Hug xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can already see that I need the refill ASAP!
      Eva is my blonde bombshell - a proper stunner with flowing locks, melting brown eyes and long platinum eyelashes! She doesn't mind what you call her as long as it's in a gentle voice and if there's a treat involved, so much the better!
      I find that snow is quite COLD!
      Hug, xxx

      Delete
  2. Another beautiful and creative card Vicky, love it. I had an order delivered of Distress inks, but haven't had them out yet, due to other things, I just hope I get a similar result to you :)

    Your Eva is such a lovely looking dog, I can see why you have such fun with her.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're going to have fun with them Faith! They're lovely and blendable :)

      Isn't Eva a beauty?! She is a proper character too and is definitely one of the family. She can be affectionate, cheeky, eager to please, naughty, greedy and so, so sweet when someone needs a shoulder to cry on. I absolutely love her to bits.
      x

      Delete
  3. I love this design, Vicky, and it's perfect for the challenges! We rarely get snow here, but we can go to it if we want. That's perfect, isn't it?! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to you too Darnell! And yes, that is absolutely perfect - to be able to drive to some snowy place, look at it out of the window and drive back home again! :D

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous! Beautiful inking and I love the layout! Thanks for sharing at JUGS this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great sketch isn't it - shout out to 52 Christmas Card Throwdown for that!

      Delete
  5. Great CAS card! And I love how much Eva likes the snow!!! We live in Georgia (US) and only get snow a couple times a year, if we're lucky, and its usually not a lot. We have a new puppy this year and I can't wait to see her reaction to snow! If we don't get any here by end of February, I am taking her and driving north til we hit snow 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She LOVES the snow. She finds a ball quite boring really but a snowball is a whole different story! Congratulations on your new pup! I hope you have many happy times together :)

      Delete
  6. Vicky your tag card is so pretty, I love the soft tumbled glass and the pop of red with your sentiment. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.
    P.S. your golden is adorable, she just loves that snow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. And yes, Eva is mad keen on snow and is totally adorable!

      Delete
  7. The card is beautiful, Vicky. I'd rather have snow than rain, but prefer heat to either of them... I'm definitely a barefoot on the beach kinda gal. Grin xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicky, such a pretty card! I love those snowflakes!
    Thank you for joining the Christmas Card Throwdown.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well :-)
    Majda DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the red strips of Let it Snow, Vicky! I wish... These snowflakes are beautiful indeed and so is your sponging! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas where it's never to early to start on your Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the most darn feel so f this card Vicky and we need o talk about that sponging and those distress inks - it looks fabulous! I don’t have any, but love the finish others are getting with them. Might be time for a purchase methinks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well from your gorgeous branch card the other day, I think you're doing fine with the inks you have! But the distress inks have certainly helped me get a smoother blend.

      Delete
  11. Oh and no to snow unless I’m indoors looking out - give me warm sunshine any day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card - no wonder you were inspired to make it with all that snow outside to play in! We've not had even a flake of snow yet here in England. I'm happy if it stays that way.
    Jane
    Guest Designer at CAS Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I know Jane - I'm also in England! The photo was taken two years ago which is probably the last time we had proper snow!

      Delete
  13. Such a pretty card with the soft sponged blue at the top, Vicky. Your tag with the silver snowflakes and repeat red sentiment banners is awesome! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! Eva is definitely enjoying the snow. We just had our first snowfall a couple of days ago and it melted by the end of the day with rain. But in the morning, I let Jessie out to explore - her first time in snow and she loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Loll! How lovely for Jessie - and it's fun for us to watch their first reaction to the snow isn't it!

      Delete
  14. Love your inking Vicky and your tag is perfectly placed x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)