Pages

Friday 10 January 2020

The new Mr and Mrs

Hello crafting friends!

Hark! Can you hear the sound of wedding bells? Yes, me too! Come and see what I've made:


Isn't it lovely to make a wedding card? This one is made using Stampin' Up's retired Your Perfect Day. I heat embossed the cake and the Congrats sentiment in gold on off cuts of white card stock before fussy cutting them and watercolouring parts of them.


While those were drying, I cut a stitched rectangle from my new Christina Griffiths A5 set and used my stamp positioner to stamp the sentiment. It usually says 'Cheers to the new Mr and Mrs' with the 'cheers to' on the top line; I wanted it to go with the 'congrats' so I had to exclude the 'cheers' and move the 'to' down a line. I don't know if that made any sense but what I'm trying to say is that this is where the stamp positioner makes life SO easy!


To assemble the card, I glued the Congrats and the cake in position on the stitched rectangle, then attached it to a card base with dimensionals. I finished the cake with little leaves, stamped and fussy cut, and with pearl embellishments.



CHALLENGES
I was inspired to make this card by this week's Something New challenge at the Paper Players - hope I have time to get this card in as the challenge ends today! The colours I've used come from The Colour Throwdown where I'm delighted to see the lovely Darnell guesting. *waves cheerily*


AND IN OTHER NEWS
I am having a craft reorganisation! Most of my stash fits on shelves in the living room cunningly disguised put away neatly in boxes but, as more things turn up, I'm going to have to be more organised. I recently got rid of an extra chair in the room and that's left a space that could be filled by a handy cabinet. I have visions of finding a beautifully shaped old one and painting it.

Do you have any space-saving storage tips? I'd love to hear your ideas in the comments below.

Hugs,

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful wedding card Vicky. Gorgeous colours and wonderful stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea. Nothing like having fun making a wedding card! xx

      Delete
  2. Wow! This is so pretty - love that die cut sentiment!! Perfect wedding card - thank you for sharing it with us at The Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fussy cut actually but I'm pretty pleased that you thought it was a die cut!

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful! I love how the sentiment pops off the edges...such a lovely feature! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicky, I adore your gorgeous wedding card! The addition of the leafy branches to the cake was superb and I love your design with the sentiment overhanging the left edge of the focal point. I'm so glad you joined The Paper Players this week!

    Also thanks for the nice comments you left on my blog yesterday! You are very kind and I appreciate it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just lovely Vicky - the fussy cutting of the sentiment really adds to the impact. A definite CAS masterpiece. As for stamp positioning tools - I don’t use mine perhaps as often as I should, but it it s useful for this kind of thing isn’t it? Thanks for playing along with us over at The Paper Players this week too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am just using the stamp positioner as a craft block! It's brilliant and space-saving AND you can get all sorts of fun effects with it!

      Delete
  6. Simply BEAUTIFUL wedding card. Well done for sorting the sentiment to your specification with the help of the stamp positioner.

    Storage solutions: will email you.

    Much xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun - always look forward to your emails :)
      xxx

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful wedding card. Love how you've incorporated the gold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO very Beautiful and yes! a wedding card is rare for me to make these days. Love the cake and the sentiment just off the layer.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's lovely to make them because you are thinking happy thoughts while you create! x

      Delete
  9. Waves cheerily back, Vicky! Your Mr. & Mrs. wedding card is divine! I thought you had done a partial die-cut for one of the CAS challenges until I read that you fuss-cut it. I love the off-set design!! Hugs, Darnell CTD GD

    p.s. As for organization ... I think I love doing that more than making cards, lol! Yes, I'm weird like that. All I know for sure is two things: the more room you have the more room you need. Said because we always manage to fill space, don't we? The second thing I know for sure is whatever you come up with for your new gorgeous piece of furniture will not be the final storage construct. You and your schtuff will evolve and how you store things will change many times, as you know doubt remember from the past! Can't wait to see what you get and how you paint it! djk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darnell. I was just looking up partial die cuts the other day but first I need some dies! Also, these are very wise words and I will remember them!

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous card, Vicky, and your fussy cutting does look die cut! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's a lovely thing to say Em! I often prefer fussy cutting :)
      xx

      Delete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)