Pages

Monday 3 February 2020

Let there be sunshine

Hello crafting friends!

Here's another card that tells you how I'm feeling about the winter!


I've used my Hello Sunshine Turnabout stamp set for this uplifting card, adding the circle from Stampin' Up's Waterfront for the centre of the sun.


The sunshine is peeping out from behind clouds cut using one of Lawn Fawn's Puffy Cloud Border dies. This only stitches along the cloud so I added a stitched edge with a stitched rectangle die.


The sentiment was stamped over the clouds using my stamping platform for position and I added some gems coloured with an alcohol marker.



CHALLENGES
I had been feeling completely uninspired but then Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge popped into my email inbox with its Positive cue word! I shall also link up with AAA Cards where it's a CAS challenge this fortnight and they're looking for cards using up to a third of the card front, with an optional twist of hearts. (I'm obviously not feeling the love today so no hearts!)


AND IN OTHER NEWS
Actually I AM feeling the love today because...


... well, who wouldn't when faced with the expression on this waggy little girl's face?!

Who brings the sunshine into your life?

20 comments:

  1. Well, blessedly, we do have some sunshine today....although it may be the only day of the week we do....so perhaps I will have to come back and peruse your pretty little card when I get down in the dumps! Such a simple, happy creation! And I do grin when I see your pretty pup, too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eva brings a lot of joy into people's lives! And I am wishing you lots of sunshine very soon!

      Delete
  2. Eva sure looks happy . . . so of course, that rubbed off on you! You've made a lovely sunshiny card.

    Lobe, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is, as my eldest son has told me, 'living her best life' and is as happy as the day is long!

      Thank!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. A stunning CAS card, great choice of the one colour.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kath! I find it fun to limit myself! x

      Delete
  4. Wow! That is a spectacular card! The gems are not what I think for CAS but they really work here! Thanks so much for joining us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Super CAS design and placement of elements. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one wonderful card, gorgeous. Love your little lady too.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Faith! My children tell me I have two daughters, one floofy and one smooth! x

      Delete
  7. I really love your CAS sunshine card! So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kristie! Sometimes we have to supply our own sunshine!!

      Delete
  8. Sending a sunny wish equals love to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sunshine definitely lifts the mood Vicky - as does Eva's sweet smile and wagging tail! Even a cheery voice can be enough to lift spirits - I spoke to someone on the telephone this morning who was super-cheery and it really was infectious (in a good way)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - all these things are lovely things!

      Delete
  10. Great CAS design, love the sun peeking from behind the clouds.
    So pleased you linked up at HLS CAS. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)