Pages

Saturday 1 February 2020

A minimilist valentine

Hello crafting pals!

I've gone VERY clean and simple for today's card. Are you ready?


What do you think? I used two of my Heffy Doodles stitched rectangle dies to make a tag, replacing the cut out panel in the centre so that the stitching looks embossed. Let's zoom in a bit:


The sentiment is from a lovely Uniko set called You Are, Yes You. I used my stamp platform to stamp the word 'amazing', masking off the dot on top of the 'i' and then removed that stamp and lined up the words 'you are'.


The tiny hearts are from Stampin' Up's From Our House To Yours and I've used them to replace the dot over the 'i' that I'd masked off. The larger heart was stamped in pink and the smaller in dark red over the top. I finished the card with a single gem.

CHALLENGES
I'm linking my card up with Less is More, which is challenging us to use Less on our cards with its Less (Tiny and Few) theme. Can you believe this challenge is 9 years old?! I remember being so excited when it first started up and being an avid LiMette every Saturday, as it was a weekly challenge then.
I shall also link up with Festive Friday, having chosen Hearts, Red and Pink from their list.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
So we've seen January off! I am embracing February - the month of love and pancakes! What are you looking forward to in February?

Hugs,

21 comments:

  1. certainly tine hearts, well done, love your composition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The size of the hearts are not directly related to the amount of love being sent, I promise!

      Delete
  2. I love your frame and inset stitched mat Vicky and the lovely sentiment looks great with the hearts instead of the 'i' and a sweet little gem too. CAS is not so much my thing but I may give this challenge a go I think as I haven't taken part for absolutely ages. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's what challenges are for - to challenge us! I can't wait to see what you come up with Pat and I know it'll be brilliant! x

      Delete
  3. A really minimalistic CAS creation but it is very effective.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm pancakes!
    Oh, sorry . . . I'm here to comment on your card, aren't I!!!!! Well it's just so lovely and CAS . . . Nay awesome!!!

    Lobe, Sarn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - enough of this love nonsense, let's skip to pancakes! And... awesome? I am proud!!! Thank you for always making me laugh :)
      Hug xxx

      Delete
  5. Aw Vicky, this is smashing, as well as being perfect for the 9th anniversary LIM challenge

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do "simple" so well, this is even simpler and STILL looks fabulous you are awesome.
    Yes 9 years have certainly flown by for LIM.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clean and simple perfection, Vicky! I love the single rhinestone on the heart! Thank you for sharing at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this beyond-CAS card! Beautifully executed design. Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicky, this is clean and simply stunning! The stitched detail really pops, as do those little hearts. So pretty! Thank you so much for joining us over at the Festive Friday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those tiny hearts are super cute and just perfect for our challenge! The die you used gives a lot of detail to this card. Thank you for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)