Pages

Saturday 28 March 2020

Tiptoe through the tulips

Hello crafting friends!

It's the last Saturday in March and my month as Guest Designer with Just Us Girls is drawing to a close. There's just time for a last hurrah though and this week's challenge is a wonderful inspiration photo:


What do you think? I loved this picture and was inspired by those bright tulips and the curve of the tree, framing the blue of the sky. Here's what I came up with:


I started by masking of the edges of my card base and sponging distress inks over it. When I removed the mask, I had nice crisp edges and the basis of my scene.


I wanted to introduce the idea of an arching tree and came up with stamping the branch from Concorde and 9th's Beautiful Branches onto a card panel and trimming away the inside part. I attached this to the card base on dimensionals. Do excuse the blurry tulips in my photo - I wanted to show you how it frames the sky!


But what about those tulips? They're from Spring Tulips by Clearly Besotted and were stamped, coloured with alcohol markers and fussy cut - that was quite a labour of love I can tell you! I added one of the blocky sentiments I love so much - a birthday one from Uniko's Simply Said Blocks.


What a lot of fun I've had at Just Us Girls! They're such a friendly bunch and there's so much talent on the team. Do go and see the amazing projects they've created to inspire you and enjoy joining in and linking up with this challenge :)

CHALLENGES
I shall link this card up with The Sisterhood of Crafters where they're celebrating Spring; and also Double D Challenges where the theme is Welcome Spring; and Crafty Cardmakers where Spring is also the order of the day!


AND IN OTHER NEWS
I'm finding the news so grim these days that I have to limit myself to a short catch up once a day. But I love hearing uplifting stories about how people are helping each other and how they are learning to cope with life confined to quarters. Some people are more suited to this than others and I can tell you that my daughter and her partner, who live in a flat in London and are working from home, are coping very well. They are sociable people but have overcome their isolation by setting up virtual pub quizzes, movie evenings and board game evenings with their friends. Resourceful eh?

I have another Guest Design post today so be prepared for me to ping into your mailbox again! There will be a cute picture of a fluffy pup in that post too! (Yes, I know, I'm shameless!)

Stay safe and well.

Hugs,

18 comments:

  1. A beautiful Spring card Vicky. Very pretty and uplifting in the nice bright colours.

    One act of kindness I saw yesterday was a younger woman giving up her place in a long supermarket queue to an elderly woman in the same queue. The younger woman was prepared to give up her place and go to the back of the queue to start again, but someone else let her back in front of them so that she didn't have to. Yippee!

    Waving from 2m away xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love this Sarn - thanks for sharing. I do love a RAK!
      Tips hat from a safe distance.
      xxx

      Delete
  2. One of my DIL's was saying just that when she called earlier Vicky, it's so easy to be drawn into the every changing media threads and even easier to be totally terrified by some of what is being reported.

    I really like the design of your Tulip card, the way you have angles the aperture is like looking our of the window into a beautiful garden.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A short catch up each day is working for me. Constant worry won't change anything except our health and our ability to sleep at night!
      Take care Brenda x

      Delete
  3. WOW! What a brilliant idea, love the framing. Such a beautiful Spring card.
    Keep safe and well.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faith - glad you like the frame. Wanted to do something to recreate that lovely arch in the photo :)
      x

      Delete
  4. Lovely inspired card! Thanks so much for joining with the JUGS Team this month. It has been our pleasure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's definitely been my pleasure! I'll see you in the gallery very soon!

      Delete
  5. You've designed a lovely tulip garden that mirrors the inspiration photo wonderfully! So pretty! Thank you for being our GD this month; you're sweet, creative and inspiring!
    hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw *blushes*
      You are lovely Carol! See you in Blogland soon :)

      Delete
  6. This is fabulous! I love that partial die cut branch over the beautiful tulips! It is the perfect for the inspiration photo. Thank you very much for joining us this past month with all of your awesome creations. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very pretty. Love the arch with the branch and the pretty red and yellow tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been such a delightful guest Vicky! You can sure see how well the photo inspired you from the sky to the grass and the beautiful tulips! Stay safe and thanks for being with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty, Vicky. I love your interpretation of the photo xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am really fascinated by what this photo has inspired you, Vicky! The result is fantastic and so beautiful! Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Vicky for getting my eyesight straightened out - I edited my post. Beautiful 'tulips' and lovely little scene and a great take on our field of flowers. I have so enjoyed checking your creations. Thanks for being a fabulous Guest this month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So clever Vicky! I love how you created that arching branch to mimic the photo. And your tulips are beautiful! Thanks for being such a great guest this month! Looking forward to seeing you in the JUGs gallery in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness that arched branch really sets your design apart, Vicky. And the way you inked the background leaving the border. Beautiful card. It's been great having you with us. I see you're very popular as a guest designer. Good for you and your creativity.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)