Pages

Friday 30 April 2021

A twofer for a diamond fella!

Hello, crafting friends!

After a tricky few days of nothing going right in the Craft Square Metre, I finally produced a card that didn't get thrown in the bin!

CARD ONE
It's a masculine card which nods both to the season, with its pastel colours, and to the game of golf, with its Pringle sweater-esque motif. You won't believe how long this took to make... 


... BUT, I'm pleased to say that  I rescued quite a lot of the duds so this is a very 'use up the leftovers' kind of card :) The panel was cut from a ruined card base that I'd been trying to stencil diamonds on with pencils. The pencil didn't show through so I was able to trim it out with a stitched rectangle die from Heffy Doodle and stamp and heat emboss the plain side with a sentiment from Altenew's Birthday Greetings.


I had tried to make a pattern of diamonds with my Funky Fossil Trellis Background stencil but I couldn't get my pattern to work at all so there was quite a lot of waste! In the end, I used scissors to cut out some of the pencilled, stencilled diamonds and glued three of them beneath the sentiment. Then I used a diamond die from the Spellbinder Optical Illusion Geo dies and cut some more diamonds from snippets of designer paper which I positioned over the top of the larger plain diamonds.

CARD TWO
I had just managed to make the Less is More deadline when I realised it was one layer week. Anyone else ever done that I wonder... lol! Well, inspiration suddenly hit again so I made another card which took a lot less time.


I remembered an ancient SU builder wheel with an argyle pattern on it, which I'd unmounted. I used neutral ink to stamp that directly onto a card base, off the edge, and coloured the little diamonds with coloured pencils.


The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted's Simply Said. I stamped it partially over the top using Stazon ink, keeping all the stamping within a one inch strip. There! Job done!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking Card One up with The Snippets Playground, after rescuing all those snippets; and Dawn's Occasions challenge at Watercooler Wednesday. I'm linking Card yTwo up with Less is More's One Layer Diamonds challenge and AAA Cards' One Inch Strip challenge - that strip was carefully measured!


AND IN OTHER NEWS
My crafting is done in my living room and I have made the biggest mess I have ever made, with trimmers, die cutting machines, stamps, colouring materials and off cuts of paper strewn about everywhere. If there's any relaxing going to be happening in there this evening I had better get it cleared up rather than hanging about here chatting!

Sending hugs,

14 comments:

  1. Awesome save on your 1st card and always fun to make a Twofer even though that was not your plan. I use to craft in my laundry area and kitchen island...I get looking at a mess and having only a few minutes to get it all cleaned up. The last several years I took over the guest room. Kept the bed and closet...then the bed disappeared and the closet was turned into shelving, etc for my overflowing supplies!! We do have our priorities:-) Now our master bedroom/bath is the guest bedroom and Denny and I move out to our Airstream Trailer when needed:-) Again...priorities...right?!? A lot of changes during my 20+ years of crafting. TFS your Twofer cards my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun colors and card designs.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beauties Vicky,sometimes a CAS card is the most difficult to design,these are fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such inspired creation for masculine cards Vicky, the thinking behind the first in particular with the Pringle element.

    Our new little miss is keeping us suitably occupied this week, try as I may getting her still enough for a sensible photo impossible, so what I'll be sharing today and tomorrow is the best to be had. I'm sure in time she will turn into a poser just like Eva and our other girls.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for persevering, because you have made two delightful cards.

    Happy Saturday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are inventive and wonderful cards Vicky.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your first card. Perfect designing of those diamonds. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful creation! Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great cards Vicky! Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How bright and pretty, looks just like a tiled wall. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. two beautiful cards. Love the diamonds on both of them. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are both well worth the effort, Vicky xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lot of fun with a bunch of diamond shapes, Vicky! Love the design and the colours you've used. Great CAS. Thanks so much for linking to our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Once again Vicky - brilliant cards and such super use of snippets on the first one! As you can see, I' trying to catcvh up on commenting, sigh.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)