Pages

Monday 5 July 2021

Hello summer

Hello, crafting friends!

Before I share my card today I just want to let you know how to carry on or how to start getting my posts delivered to you via email.

SPECIAL DELIVERY
I've decided to use follow.it to deliver my posts to you instead of Feedburner which you probably know by now that Blogger has discontinued. If you already get my posts via email, you won't need to do anything as the new service should transfer seamlessly; if you're new here and would like to get an email when I post a new project, just fill in the subscription form in the side bar :)

I really want to thank everyone that has written to ask about this. I can't tell you how it warms my heart to know that you enjoy reading my little blog!

CARRY ON CRAFTING!
And now, onto a zingy little project using my favourite colours!


I started this card by positioning the Sunny Day stencil by Clearly Besotted over a card panel and sponging pale yellow ink into it and blending to a fade. The papers are old Stampin' Up ones that I'd cut into long strips for a project and then didn't use. I trimmed them to size and cut a ribbon tail into one end of each before attaching them to the panel. The panel was then trimmed neatly with a stitched rectangle die from Heffy Doodle.


The 'great summer' sentiment, from Scene it More by Clearly Besotted, was stamped directly onto the orange strip, using a stamping platform for accurate placement. I added a 'Hello' from Perfect Sentiments by Pinkfresh Studio, stamped and snipped out, and some little flip flops from Hero Arts' Beach and Sea, decorated with tiny orange gems.

CHALLENGES
I've been thinking about the inspiration photo at Inspired By for ages - love those polka dots and gorgeous bright colours! I used the great sketch at Fab Friday so I'm joining in there too; and last but not least, Eva and I are skipping over to the Snippets Playground in the hope that Miss Di has the paddling pool out!


AND IN OTHER NEWS
We're celebrating another birthday in our family this week and I'm hoping the flip flops, summer sentiment and bright colours might encourage the sunshine to return. Fingers crossed!

Hugs,

11 comments:

  1. Notice of your posts come to me through Feedly, and I'm hoping there will be no interruption! Love the stenciling combined with the patterned paper banners--a great color combo, too for the summery card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love this wonderfully sunny and summery card. Lovely and zingy!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Vicky! I was so happy to see these darling polka dots in our IB gallery this morning! Your teensy little flip-flops are 'Barbie-sized' and adorable!
    Thanks so very much for playing along! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. This screams sunshine and warm summer days a brilliant design

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Vicky. The transition to Follow It will only be seamless if you import the followers from Feedburner, which then sends an email confirmation to those followers. Otherwise everyone will need to resubscribe when Feedburner disappears xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card! Love the fun summer colors. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicky - you do it every time - another stunning snippets card! Love the design, snippets and zingy citrus colours.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sunny and pretty, Vicky! I love how these colors pop right off the screen! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your sunny, happy, colorful and fun CAS Hello card, Vicky! It made my day. Now I am ready to head outside to water and pick berries before the sun gets too hot:-) I subscribed...it said I already had..lol..I am kind of remembering that I did. The requests are coming quickly now that Blogger is Done! Enjoy your family birthday party. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. A brilliant sunny summer card in gorgeous colours

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your summery colors and CAS design are incredible, love your interpretation of the challenge Vicky! Thank you for inspiring us this week @IB!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)