Pages

Tuesday 16 November 2021

Lantern light

Hello, crafting friends!

Welcome to another Tuesday and another fun challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches brought toy you this month by the lovely Joanne! Look at the beautiful colour palette she has come up with this week:


I've been wanting to get my Reverse Confetti Lanterns out to make some pretty Christmas ornaments, and thought this was the perfect opportunity to do it!


I used a colour as close as I could find to the Polished Pink for my ink blended background, stamping the lantern over the top in grey ink and colouring it with a metallic silver pencil. The pine branches were stamped in the green ink at the base of the lantern. To hang my lantern ornaments, I used the chain on Funky Fossil's Ornamental stencil.


The card panel was mounted on a panel of green before attaching to the card base. To finish the card, I added tiny snowflakes and berries with a fine tipped Posca acrylic paint pen. The sentiment is from The Greetery's Boughs and Branches.

Okay, so now it's your turn! I hope you can find the time to hop over to the CAS Colours and Sketches challenge site to admire the gorgeous samples the design team has made to inspire you. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and can use it to link up your own creation :) Don't forget to keep your card nice and clean and simple but above all have fun!

CHALLENGES
I'm joining in with Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge where Anything Goes with optional Make A Scene; I'm also playing along at Jingle Belles, where I'm hoping these lanterns count as ornaments :) and Allsorts, where Wendy has chosen the theme of Christmas.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
I'm going to let you into a secret... I made this card in what felt like the middle of the night. Like lots of us, I can't see so well in artificial light and reached for the wrong ink. I only realised what I'd done next morning when I saw my orange background!


Honestly, it's only November and already I'm dreaming of spring with its longer, lighter days. On the plus side though, I have an extra Christmas card!

Sending hugs,

12 comments:

  1. Such beautiful cards Vicky. Love the simplicity!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card looks beautiful in both colourways Vicky,the stamps you used are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card in pink, but I really like the orange one too! Your composition is wonderful.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty lantern and I love how it's nestled in the greenery! I hear you about how we see colors when the lights not the best. Sometimes I get a big surprise when the sun shines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your cards are so beautiful and evocative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Vicky - you are such a whizz at creating a focal point. I did chuckle when I saw your second card though - yes, eventually that comes to us all! I find myself only wanting to craft in the daytime now for that very reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh what a beautifully composed and realized CAS card; so simple and yet each element is special and perfect! so pleased you could join our "ornamental" fun at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An elegant Christmas creation, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. so fun seeing your design in two color palettes ... so very glad you shared your *ornamental* creation with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great take on the colors!! Great!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. An unexpected two-fer! These are both so elegant. Love the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)