Pages

Thursday 20 January 2022

Knitted character

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I am so thrilled to be the surprise party guest at Seize the Birthday for January and Februar and now I know we're partying, I'm bringing some salty snacks and some fruit punch! Do come and join us! So, what's the Topping at the challenge this time?
 
I couldn't decide whether to go for dry embossing or the shiny kind so in the end, I opted for both!
 

There are only two embossing folders in my stash, but this Knit Pattern one, a bargain from Hobbycraft, was perfect for a winter birthday. For extra embossed detail, I trimmed it to size with a Crimped Frame die from the Greetery and mounted it onto a card base ready for my other elements.


I stamped one of the girls from Concord & 9th's Winter Wear, drew a general body shape and added a cosy hat and scarf from the same set. Everything was coloured with alcohol markers, cut out with paper snips and attached to the knit panel and I added an enamel star to the hat for a bit of detail.
 

Finally, the birthday sentiment from Pinkfresh Studio's Perfect Sentiments was stamped and heat embossed to glossify it then it too was attached to the panel.

So now it's your turn! Do hop over to the Seize the Birthday challenge blog and admire all the fabulous samples the design team has created to inspire you. When you're read, you can upload your own creation using the Linky Tool you'll find at the bottom of the post. And remember, if you're not into embossing, you can always go for the Anything Goes option - but do remember it must be a birthday card. Have fun!
 
CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at Watercooler Wednesday where Dawn is hosting the All Occasionzs challenge; I'm also joining in with the Make Your Mark challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
It's been very icy here in the mornings with beautiful clear blue skies. Yesterday Eva and I met a funny old gent walking down a path in the park. He cautioned us to be extra careful as it was very slippery. "You don't want to end up doing a Torvill and Dean!" he said.

I think he may have been referring to the bit at the end of the dance!

Sending hugs,


18 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous Winter birthday card. Loving that embossing folder you used too.

    You definitely don't want to slip on the ice. Please take care. Eva has four legs so she's OK!

    Hygge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being the surprise party guest. Your embossed card is stunning. I love how you have used the edge die on the image. It looks just like the edge of the jumper. thanks for reminding us about Torvill and Dean too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful icy colours Vicky,perfect for the gorgeous image,love your ef and layout.Thanks for the link ,hope you didn't slip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicky this is amazing. I love all texture and the added scarf and hat placed over the edge is awesome! Wonderful inspiration! You have been a fabulous party guest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An exceptionally beautiful card, I am very enthusiastic. I love the motif and how you designed it!!!
    Today it is also icy and a bit snowy here. In the morning I was out with Kaito for a long time, he loves these temperatures and so do I!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The knitted embossing folder looks perfect with the winter scarf and jumper Vicky, lots of lovely texture and shine. Thankyou for being our guest at STB and also for playing along at Watercooler Wednesday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Vicky. That embossing folder is perfect for the image, which you colored beautifully. Great use of dry and wet embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on being the Surprise Party Guest at Seize the Birthday, Vicky:-) You so deserve the honor:-) LOVE your double embossed beautiful Winter Birthday card, my friend. Your dry EB background and heat EB sentiment are perfect for your lovely beautifully colored and fussy cut girl. A card a friend will treasure. TFS the story of the sweet elderly man and video too, my friend:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad that you did the two kinds of embossing. There are a lot to choose from and why not do more. I love the soft color on this card and the beautiful and realistic coloring of that face.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is beautiful Vicky! I am so glad you gave us an up-close pic so we could see the shine! Your fussy cutting and coloring is top notch. Thanks for passing on the knowledge of the dance move. Sounds like a sweet older gentlemen. Have a great day! Cold and drizzly here...why did I postpone the grocery shopping till today?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your background is perfect with the no line colored image! Very soft and cozy card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No surprise that you did it again! Love this. (And I'm not a purple fan.) That texture is amazing. (If your punch is spiked, I'll be right there. Ha!) Thanks Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great match Vicky, love the image and the embossing. A beautiful card.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your GDT, Vicky! This is such a lovely card, and I really like how those extra details have made the most of the image - your hand drawn eyes etc really make such a difference! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the GDT spot, Vicky. The card is gorgeous xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a spectacular card! Everything I look at, I love!! The embossing is gorgeous, and I love how you've created that girl and dressed her up! Thank you so much for this wonderful inspiration!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous, Vicky! The knit background is just right for the birthday girl, and I like the crimped effectl. Perfect winter birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad to have you joining us! This is a wonderful card. Great texture and beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)