Pages

Monday 14 February 2022

Bits and bobs

Hello, crafting friends and a happy valentines day!
 
When I made THIS card by tipping up my snippets box and putting some of the contents together, a lovely lady commented that she'd like to see more of this kind of card. Haha, well I need no encouragement at all I assure you!  Here are some items I selected from the snippets box:

 
And that snippet of designer paper on the left has been in my paper drawer since before the old King died (as we say around here when we mean a long time ago!) Here's the result:


The first thing to do was layer the wood-stamped rectangle over the designer paper and trim both to the same width with a stitched rectangle die from Heffy Doodle (still my most-used frame dies!) I tucked the textured grey circle-ish shape behind it and secured everything with glue.
 

The heart was rescued from a card I made ages ago (before the old King died!) and which subsequently got wet and was ruined. I arranged some left over die-cut leaves behind it and embellished the front with a punched heart and an enamel dot before attaching it to the panel.
 
 
I stamped the wood-stamped rectangle with a row of hearts from Uniko's Simply Said Blocks, then popped the sentiment up on dimensional pads above it. Finally, the paper panel was glued to a card base.

CHALLENGES
I'm sharing the love at the Snippets Playground with this card - thank goodness it's always sunny there!
 
 
AND IN OTHER NEWS
Today, as a special treat for being my bestie, I threw a juicy marrow bone into the garden and sent Eva to find it. She lay on the grass in the garden in the freezing cold and gnawed at it for literally HOURS! I finally called her in, worrying about the cold, and she came, said a quick hello and then stood by the French doors looking at me pointedly.

 
"Could you open the door for me please? Yes, I'm afraid you'll have to excuse me. I'm rather busy today as there is A Bone in the garden that needs my attention!"
 
Sending hugs,

9 comments:

  1. A fabulous masculine Valentines card Vicky,your papers and embellishments are gorgeous.Eva obviously enjoyed her treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever lady you are Vicky! To create such a beautiful card from a jumble of snippets 'just like that' is brilliant! A super result. Love Eva with her bone - bless her, she looks very contented there.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should definitely do that as well, because more and more parts are accumulating in the spares box. Your card is a nice encouragement!!
    Our Kaito also gnaws his bones for hours and when he's finally done, he brings it into the house and gives it to his teddy bear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh you sure did make an amazing card out of these snippets. So creatively put together. I like the pops of green with the more neutral base and it was that sweet little row of hearts that really caught my eye. Eva is having some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully put together from the scraps Vicky, a Super design. I love the backing paper and colours choices of "bits". We used to give ours a lamb leg to gnaw after we had eaten it of course hahaha, she would spent hours and hours enjoying it.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it great when all those bits fit together so perfectly? A great way to say thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a rather splendid snippets "Thinking of You" card Vicky. Love how it all came together.

    Bit windy outside . . . best you come up to the Playground Treehouse where I'll happily share some of my dark chocolate buttons with you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card you made with your snippets. They work together perfectly. TFS

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)