Pages

Thursday 10 February 2022

Seriously in love

Hello, crafting friends!
 
It's Thursday and time for another blast of inspiration via the Tic Tac Toe Challenge! Come and see the fab board Felicita has devised for your crafting pleasure this week:
 

Isn't that a great selection of suggestions?! I chose the left hand column to make a CAS valentine - Red/Heart/Sentiment.


The first thing I did was splodge diluted ink all over a piece of card stock using light and dark reds and a pink. While that was drying, I stamped Uniko's Background Blocks Arts Decoratifs onto a kraft card base using red ink and coloured it with light and dark red coloured pencils.
 

When the watercoloured panel was dry, I die cut a heart out of it and stamped it with a fun sentiment from a retired Stampin Up set. To finish the card I attached the heart to the background and added a few enamel dots. How simple was that?!

So now it's your turn! Which line of the board will you choose? Do hop over to the Tic Tac Toe challenge site and check out the fabulous inspiration from my talented team mates. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and you can use it to link up your own creation when you're ready. Have fun!
 
CHALLENGES
I'm playing along with Double D Challenges' Hearts challenge - if you're making some last-minute valentines this weekend, check out their gorgeous mood board! I'm also joining in at Little Red Wagon where Chrissy wants to see our valentines and love projects; and Cardz 4 Guyz where Pamela's theme is Love Cards - for guys of course!

 
AND IN OTHER NEWS
I've had a humdinger of a day. I'd just finished a dog walk and returned to my car to find a flat tyre. Luckily the owner of the other dog I was walking had come with us today so I didn't have a car full of anxious dogs - just Eva who hates anything out of the ordinary :/ I phoned OH as he was only up the road and he came and efficiently changed the tyre but, as I was driving away, I became aware of a horrible noise under the car. Anyway, to cut a long story short, the car has had to be towed to a local garage and is being looked at as I type. Please send positive thoughts my way!

I'm at home now and have been pressing this bell for ages...
 

... but I think it must be faulty!!

Sending hugs,

14 comments:

  1. Mucho positive thoughts going your way.

    Hope car repairs are not too expensive. At least your OH got to be a hero today!

    Lovely card and a wonderful sentiment. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I hope you can get your bell to work and the car is fine and ready to go! Sounds like quite a day! Love your pretty valentine! The background is awesome with the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sentiment says it al and beautifully, gorgeous card...
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Sorry to hear of your car troubles but I'm loving that card. Wonderfully done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That gray base was for a great masculine Valentine!! Thanks for playing along with our "LOVE" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Way to go pulling off a masculine "Love" card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful heart card (love that heart pen too)!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Vicky your card is just perfect ... love it! WOW you've had one heck of a day ... and what's up with Rose ... tell her to get away from the tv and come help you! LOL
    Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Hearts’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a pretty card. I do like the geometric background and how you coloured this with the different pencils, adds a touch of contrast to the pretty heart. Like how you used pink on pink with the sentiment too. And what a day....on my way with a Rose!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card. I love it. So glad you shared over at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that graphic background and fun sentiment Vicky - I'm thinking this would be the perfect card for OH given his heroic tyre changing efforts! Hope you manage to get your car fixed without too much hassle or expense.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is delightful! Thanks for linking up to the Double D Challenges. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card but hate your day. Hope the car repair wasn't too expensive! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a seriously beautiful card Vicky. OH! NO! I hope by now all is well and wasn't too expensive with the car. Love your ring for roseay!
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card - love your background.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)