Pages

Wednesday 9 February 2022

You're a star my friend

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Most of us love making cards to let our friends know we appreciate them and of course we all love receiving them too! I love that Galantines or Palantines are now a thing, where cards are sent celebrating friendship. Haha, and as I typed that a little snout poked into the crook of my elbow! Yes Eva, you will receive a 'Glad we are Besties' card from me!!


Today's card has been made with a gorgeous Uniko set I bought for the star images, planning to combine them with a nativity set for Christmas cards. I haven't yet found the right nativity set (recommendations welcomed!) but I don't regret getting this wonderful star set for a minute!


It's a very simple card: I stamped and heat embossed the 'stars' bit of the sentiment in gold first, then added the two part friendship bit in black and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Finally, the stars were stamped and heat embossed in gold, and I was then able to watercolour a night sky over it as the embossing resisted the diluted ink. The panel was trimmed with a stitched rectangle die from Heffy Doodle and glued to a card base.
 
CHALLENGES:
I'm linking this card up at The Paper Players, where Laurie has chosen the theme of Love and Friendship; also Just Us Girls where it's Word Week and Cécile has come up with the word Friends to inspire us; I'm also joining in at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour challenge where Anything Goes; and I'm sharing at Darnell's NBUS Challenge because the stamp set I used is Never Before Used Schtuff :)


AND IN OTHER NEWS
Talking of stars, Eva is doing SO well with her new training! I mentioned before (in the 'And In Other News' section of THIS post) that I had been allowing her to carry her lead in safe places. Well we have built on that as she was enjoying it so much. If she goes on ahead too far, I can call her and give a hand signal and she will come trotting back; if I need her to walk nicely to heel while we pass someone, she responds to the 'Heel' command with the addition of 'Stay With'; if we are coming up to a place that is less safe I can ask her to Sit and Stay, again from a distance, using hand signals; I can catch up with her and walk past her and she will stay sitting until I give her the Release signal by clicking my fingers. AND, she has learned all this without treats because she just loves doing it so much. I really want to get a video of this as I am so proud of her, and I hope I'll find a way to share it with you as lots of you are so lovely about my special girl :)

Sending hugs,

20 comments:

  1. Embossing the word in gold really draws the eye to the card Vicky. Eva does sound to be doing well, never fails to amaze me how bright they can be. Rosa had yet another new toy the other day, I asked her that evening to fetch her 'new' toy, much to our surprise she went to the door, once opened rushed off to the kitchen and came back with the correct one.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just delightful! I love the bits of gold embossing, and it's such a lovely sentiment too. Simple and sweet! And of COURSE Eva is a good learner...I hope to see that video, that would be awesome! Dana's dogs could do with some good training...they're a MESS! Thanks for playing with our Paper Players challenge this week with this fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card that is Vicky. Great sentiment and lovely embossing.

    Would be fab to see your clever girl being Top Dog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this sentiment! It's so pretty in the gold with the watercoloring! Thanks for playing at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky, I adore this sweet sentiment...so true! The gold embossing definitely stands out! Well done on all the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky... I have always loved this sentiment! and I especially love how you handled it. The design is perfect. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful CAS card the sentiment and tiny stars says it all.Well done to Eva,a gold star to her

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful friend card! I like the big sentiment! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful sentiment and card, I love the simplicity of it. Good to hear about Eva with her commands you and she should be very proud.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card ...super sentiment and I like the embossing on the word 'stars' x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sentiment is awesome! And I love that you let it be the star of your card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your You are a Star Friend card, Vicky:-) Your heat embossed sentiment with a bit of Gold is gorgeous along with the sweet and thoughtful sentiment. I loved reading about your dog training with Eva. She is so smart and has the most wonderful trainer...You!!! TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, it’s wonderful to celebrate our friends and you created a card that’s just perfect for doing exactly that.
    Thank you for sharing with us at NBUS.

    Prudence
    NBUS February Guest Designer
    PS. Yay, Eva!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's one of my favorite sayings because it's so true. It doesn't need more on the map, the words speak for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, Vicky. Claritystamp have a great nativity stamp set in their Miniatures A6 range xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful clean and simple card Vicky! My bestie bought me a plaque with this phrase on and it always makes me smile. Looking forward to seeing some training videos! Thanks for playing along with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this card, Vicky! So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw, your Eva is definitely a STAR, Vicky, learning this new level of obedience at her age and defying that old adage! I hope you do find a way to share a video. (Sadly, it's way over my head how people manage it!) Having said that, however, even if you don't, you have written the description so well that I now have a video of the two of you playing in my head. Thank you for that! And thank you for sharing your terrific Galentine card and how-to in the NBUS gallery! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love this Vicky! My bestie bought me a little plaque with these words on and it always makes me smile. You soft blue wash really lets that sentiment and shiny gold embossing shine. As for Eva - what a star! I would love to see her in action!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful card for a friend! I love the stars and the sentiment! Thanks for sharing at HLS Watercolour Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)