Pages

Saturday 5 February 2022

Precious Love

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Happy Saturday to you and welcome to a brand new challenge at Addicted to CAS! My talented teamie Raga has chosen the cue word for us this time and it's a timely one with Valentine's Day around the corner:
 

Of course you can use hearts on any kind of card, so the world is your oyster! I have gone for the kind of card you could give at any time of the year to show your love and appreciation.

 
I started this card with a beautiful sentiment from The Colorado Co's Big and Bold Get Well, stamping it in pink ink. I heat embossed it with clear embossing powder so that it became waterproof and then splodged a load of diluted blue ink over it and blotted with kitchen paper. When it was dry I cut a label shape out of it, using a die from The Works, and attached it to a card base.


Meanwhile, I cut some gold foil hearts using dies and punches and enjoyed decorating them. The largest one was run through an embossing folder I picked up in a Hobbycraft sale last weekend - 50p well spent I reckon! It was embellished with a clear gem. I punched a few pink hearts and stacked them up under the punched heart to add subtle detail. The tiny heart embosses as it cuts :)  Finally, all the hearts were glued in place around the sentiment.

So now it's your turn! Do hop over to the Addicted to CAS challenge site to check out the beautiful designs my talented teamies have made to inspire you. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post so that you can share your own creation with us when you're ready. Have fun - but remember to keep your design nice and clean and simple!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge where Anything Goes; I'm  also joining in at CASology where the cue card is Affection.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
I'll leave you with a picture sent from my very own precious daughter* captioned "Me as a child when you used to tell me to tidy my room!"


*May not be an ACTUAL photo of my daughter!!

Sending hugs,

6 comments:

  1. Love your sentiment embellishments and card Vicki,hate to say this when I saw the word precious I immediately thought of Silence of the Lambs where Ted Levine playing Jame Gumb was looking for his poodle Precious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these sweet hearts and fabulous sentiment, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card Vicky. Nice background and heart embellishments.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love the CAS look and so glad you shared over at Happy little Stamper Watercolors

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrific design to use anytime of the year! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)