Pages

Friday 4 February 2022

Blooming in the sun

Hello, crafting friends!
 
What a pleasure it was today to have a rummage through my older stamps and come up with a pretty floral birthday card using inspiration from some favourite challenges :)


I used a long-ago retired Stampin' Up set called Butterfly Basics that I used to have when I was a demo, and that a very good friend found and gifted to me last year (thank you so much lovely!) I started by masking off the side and bottom of a thick card base and sponged yellow ink into Clearly Besotted's Sunny Day stencil. The long stamp from the set was used to create a strong vertical and horizontal axis.


I stamped the flower on a piece of scrap card, coloured it with coloured pencils and fussy cut it. To tie the flower into the background, I used the red pencil to add a shadow to the darker red stamping too.
 

To work out the position of the sentiment, I first positioned the flower on the card front without glue.  Using a stamping platform, I stamped the sentiment several times for a nice crisp black finish and then glued the flower in place.

CHALLENGES
I used Linda's fabulous sketch from this week's Freshly Made Sketches, so I shall link up there; I'm also playing along with Allsorts where Brenda has chosen an Anything Goes theme with the option of adding a stencil; and last but not least, I'm finally managing to join in at The Paper Players where my friend Joanne has come up with a fun tic tac toe board to inspire us - I chose the centre row CAS/Flower/Birthay.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
This is the time of year I look out for flowers on my walks. There's not much blooming in the countryside (apart from bloomin' mud!) but in the parks and gardens there are bulbs beginning to come out as well as some other brave plants. Look at these wonderful snowdrops I found on a local walk that uysed to be a railway line! 


Eva is trying to eclipse them with her beaming smile and I might be biased but I think she has succeeded!!

Sending hugs,

12 comments:

  1. Your flowers look so delicate in these gorgeous colours,love your layout and Eva's big smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky your single flower stem is lovely and there's something so hopeful about those sunrays behind - so perfect for spring! Love the photo of Eva - she wins! Thanks for playing along with my TicTacToe Challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely creation...this sketch is so fun and you put all the elements together perfectly! And of course, I love seeing Eva AND the snowdrops! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stencil is lovely behind those pretty flowers! Love your card! Glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful...just love the pretty blooms! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn’t notice the snowdrops :) love your take on the sketch, I like how you shadowed the long stamp and made the sun shine today! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clearly Eva is happy about the Snowdrops, certainly made me smile when I saw some of ours in bloom this week.

    And I love your card, the design is so very eye catching.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this in red and yellow! Such a happy color combination for this pretty flower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the design of your card. The yellow stripes in the background look like the rising sun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Vicky. The stamp set used to be a favorite of mine too xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. How pretty this is. Love your flowers and the lovely elements for the sketch. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! I love the sunburst in the background. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)