Pages

Thursday 24 March 2022

Joy to the world at Easter

Hello, crafting friends!
 
It's a Tic Tac Toe challenge kind of a day today and I hope you'll be inspired to come and join in with us! Joanne has gathered some versatile elements together on her board this week:


You could make any kind of card with these ideas! I've had Easter on my mind and thought the right hand column would be a good start. Here's what I came up with:


I started by making a stenciled background on a white card panel. I sponged yellow ink through Clearly Besotted's Sunny Day stencil, and added green ink to the bottom of the panel through the grass section of Funky Fossil's Scenic Borders stencil. The panel was cut out with one of The Greetery's Nordic Frame dies and I trimmed a vertical section out of it to make it fit my A6 card before glueing the two sections together onto a card base.


The join was covered with a cross which I put together with pieces cut out of a plank DSP by Stamping Up. The palm leaves and flowers are from Stampin' Up's Wrapped Flowers dies.
 

I have Easter sentiment stamps but I wanted something joyous to go with my cross image. In the end I pulled out The Greetery's Banner and Bough Christmas stamp and stencil set, stenciled a banner with blue ink and stamped the 'Joy to the world, the lord has come' sentiment leaving out the word 'come' and adding in the word 'risen' with a black fineliner. It's not exactly seamless but it works if you don't look TOO closely I think!

So now it's your turn to get creative! Which column or row will you choose? Or will you go for a diagonal? Do  hop over to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge blog and check out the amazing samples made by my teamies and, when you're ready, yyou'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post so that you can share your card with us. Have fun!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up with The Snippets Playground - the flowers, leaves, cross and banner are all snippets; I'm also joining in with Happy Little Stampers Stencil challenge where anything goes - there's LOADS of stenciling on this card; and also Happy Little Stampers Die challenge where anything goes - the frame and the flowers and leaves are die cut.

 
AND IN OTHER NEWS
It really IS true that British people talk about the weather all the time, but that is because the British weather is totally unpredictable and is always doing something crazy. At the moment for example, Spring has arrived ludicrously early when we were expecting winter to carry on for at least another month! Some people are wearing shorts and sleeveless tops (that's me - it's hot when you're walking dogs!!) and others are still bundled up in winter coats and boots! But almost everyone is smiling and ready to talk about the unusual weather and you've got to love something that brings people together like that :)

Sending hugs and wishing you sunshine,

7 comments:

  1. A beautiful Easter card with a wonderful sentiment Vicky, here in the North East of Scotland we have snow forecast for the middle of next week

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely design Vicky-I have pinned it as I am always stuck for ideas for Easter and I only make 2 Easter cards! What I like is the way you have the sun rising from the cross and the way the leaves are wrapped around the cross-this is what I have wanted to do before with flowers but I like how you did this-hope I get a chance to try. And I am one of those still with my hat and gloves on-went out today for a bit to blow those cobwebs away-sending hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely snippety Easter card Vicky.
    Thanks for being on the other end of Playground seesaw with me earlier! That was fun! The weather has been so lovely, I've had to make lemonade up in the Treehouse! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something so uplifting about the way the sun is rising behind your cross Vicky. Great job on the sentiment too - I would never have noticed!! And yes - hasn't it been great to have a week of warm weather and sunny days?! Nothing like a Brit to obsess about the weather lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful, Vicky. One day last week I was bundled up, the next in sandals without a jacket! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a truly gorgeous Easter card Vicky! I LOVE how you altered the sentiment - clever thinking. I did smile about the warm weather. It's been what I would call 'skimpy vests, flip flops and shorts in Sainsbury's weather - and that's just the men!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ....beautiful Easter card,the stenciling behind the cross is a fantastic idea and adds a lovely warm glow to the card very uplifting and perfect for the occasion. Weather here in Greece is rubbish even the starlings are staying away.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)