Pages

Wednesday 23 March 2022

The strength of snowdrops

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Today I made a card for a friend who has been having a tough time lately. 


She likes clean and simple cards, so I kept my stamping to one corner of a card base to leave lots of lovely white space. The image is from Clearly Besotted's Picture It Fairy House, which normally looks like this:


I love stamps that are versatile and I knew that I could use the snowdrops on their own OR go full-on fairyland with this stamp! For today's card, the stamp was partially inked using a Sahara Sand water-based marker from Stampin' Up. There's a fine end to these double ended markers too so that you can easily fill in any gaps when stamping a partial image. The snowdrop was coloured with coloured pencils and I doodled in a grassy ground and crosshatched the pale blue background.


The sentiment is from Uniko's Simply Said Blocks, stamped, trimmed and glued to the card base. I finished the card with some feminine sequins in barely-there iridescent pink and gave the petals of the snowdrop a shimmer with a Wink of Stella pen.
 
EDITED TO ADD AN AWARD 
This card was showcased at Less is More!
CHALLENGES
The theme at CAS on Friday this time is Flowers, and I predict a gallery bursting with gorgeousness! I'm also linking up with Less Is More where the them is A Bit of Bling; Mervi has chosen the theme of Feminine at Allsorts so I'm also joining in there; and last but not least, I'm playing along with The Paper Players where Laurie has chosen the theme of Clean and Simple Blooms.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
I always think snowdrops are amazing and tougher than they look.  They have such delicate little flowers and yet they push up out of the earth when nothing much else seems to be growing, often in freezing temperatures - it's pretty impressive isn't it. I'll tell you what else is impressive...


... the Lesser Spotted Tree Hound!! This is a huge fallen tree and Eva just leaps up onto it! At seven and a half, she is considered a middle-aged dog but I don't think she got the memo!

Sending hugs,

19 comments:

  1. I do love how you have isolated the flower from that stamp. Very clever and very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snowflakes are my favourite Winter/Spring flower you've recreated their delicate feel and colour perfectly.Well done to Eva for keeping youthful and enjoying everything

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very elegant with the lovely Snowdrop, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts Feminine theme this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SUCH a beautiful card for your friend. Lots of delicious white space surrounding the delicate snowdrop.

    Just look at Eva too - wonderful photo of her out enjoying middle age!!!!

    Hug xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very beautiful CAS card! Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The perfect and most beautiful card to greet my return to commenting Vicky, also as my snowdrops have just started flowering, a little late methinks, but still beautiful.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet cas card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card. Love the cross hatching too. Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so right, Vicky, the snowdrop is elegant and stunning on its own. Love your beautiful CAS design. Thanks so very much for playing with us this week at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super elegant make and so very CAS

    Great pic of your tree dog too!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful, I imagine your friend will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clean and beautiful, Vicky! The snowdrop is so dainty. I love how you softly colored it. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had a great idea and the card turned out so beautiful again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how soft this is, so very pretty and delicate. It is the tiny touches that make it special-the soft blue, the sequins, the wink of stella and the sentiment bold and strong against the soft image...placed in my fav position, love it. And Eva is leaping just like her Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well isn't this clever?! I do love it when a stamp has multiple uses and you did a fabulous job of isolating your beautiful snowdrop Vicky! I love the addition of the sequins too for a little CAS sparkle. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I breautiful cas card Vicky the placement is superb and it looks quite elegant there in the corner.I love the delicate colouring of the snowdrop and the bold sentiment.The lesser spotted tree hound is a joy to behold,do you think she is looking for squirrels ?

    marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty! Thank you for sharing with us at CAS on Friday! Valérie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Clean and Simple perfection for your thinking of you card design, Vicki. Your friend will love your card and feel your love:-) TFS the photo of sweet curious Eva too:-) Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)