Pages

Tuesday 29 March 2022

Yay for good news!

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Isn't it wonderful to have good news?! My daughter has been promoted at work and as if that weren't enough, her partner has been offered a coveted teaching position too. I am so happy for them and since I had a little minute, I made them a card :)


They both wear glasses and I thought these two bespectacled bears from Waffleflower's Books and Coffee would amuse them. First, I cut a rectangle out of white card and die cut  a square from it to make a polaroid frame. The bears were stamped on the square and coloured with alcohol markers and coloured pencils.


The wallpaper was made by masking the bears off and stenciling inks through a floral stencil by Funky Fossil, a gift from my pal Sandie :) When the masks were removed, I glued the polaroid frame to a card base and inserted the 'photo'. I stamped the Yay! from Pinkfresh Studio's Perfect Sentiments and added an MFT 'so proud of you' sentiment to the bottom of the polaroid, using a dark coral to coordinate with the wallpaper.

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at Happy Little Stampers Stencil challenge where Anything Goes and  Make My Monday where the theme is to Use a Stencil.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
I've just finished the last of my mothers day chocolate (I'm SURE I have some elastic waisted trousers somewhere!) What a lovely day I had - lots of crafting with my floofy daughter to keep me company as well as fun video calls from my human daughter and youngest son. I was lucky enough to have the real life company of my eldest son too for pizza and film night. "Pizza!" he said reverently, "One of Man's finest achievements!"

Sending hugs,

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your daughter and her partner,they both must be thrilled by their success on the jobs front. A fun card to congratulate them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to them both! Great news and a great card I'm sure they'll love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s a really sweet card for your daughter and her partner. Congrats to them both.

    Glad you had a lovely Mother’s Day too.

    Hug xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so funny, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to them both! Such a fun card xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun way to congratulate your daughter and her partner, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Vicky your bespectacled bears are a hoot !!! The stenciled background looks fantastic and the beautifully coloured bears work so well within the frame. CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR DAUGHTER AND PARTNER YOU AND THEY MUST BE THRILLED AND AM SURE THEY APPRECIATED THIS FUN CARD.

    MARIE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous. Those bears made me smile. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A super card. So cute. We appreciate you joining in our challenge at Make My Monday. Thanks. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)