Pages

Tuesday 26 April 2022

A trio of poinsettias

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Look! I've crawled back out of the woodwork just in time to play making Christmas cards on the 25th of the month! And no, you haven't got your dates wrong, I'm posting this the day after I made it :)


This card was totally inspired by my brilliant Tic Tac Toe challenge team mate Joanne James. She is SO good at coming up with sketches - she rustled this one up for her Paper Players design team and I was hooked at once! The idea is to create three overlapping shapes and add a vertical sentiment (see the sketch below, under the 'challenges' heading.) I recently acquired the Season's Blessings stamp set in the recent Stampin' Up sale and thought the gorgeous stylised poinsettias would work well with this sketch.
 

I stamped two onto a card panel and the third on a scrap of card stock, which I fussy cut. Gold embossed centres were added to the poinsettias. After putting together a sentiment with black ink and more gold embossing, I trimmed the panel to size with a stitched rectangle die by Heffy Doodle. To assemble the card, I matted the panel onto a slightly larger red panel. The fussy cut poinsettia was popped up on dimensional pads and I added a sprinkling of green sequins to make the red sing.

CHALLENGES
I am playing along at The Paper Players as I mentioned before; I'm also linking up with Happy Little Stampers Christmas where the theme is Anything Goes with Optional Glitter; and last but not least, I'm joining in at the Rudolph Day challenge where the idea is to make a card on the 25th of each month (you have until the end of the month to link up.)

AND IN OTHER NEWS
Eva and her chums are loving this warm weather and being able to lounge about outside. 


It's a shame this little jutting out flower bed has become a short cut for everyone but it has lots of tough little plants in it and should recover by the summer! I would put a 'do not walk on the flower bed' sign up but some bright spark would only cock his leg against it!

Sending hugs,

15 comments:

  1. Simply stunning, beautifully stamped images and sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Joanne does come up with some great sketches...and she's a fabby stamper too, just like you! I love your wee little poinsettias...so bright and cheerful against the white. And so happy to see Evan and SUNSHINE! Thanks for "Playing" with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant Vicky, love the gold touches, especially the mix of black and gold sentiment xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Rudolph Day card Vicky. Nice 'n' CAS and very effective.
    Sweet picture of the pups xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo what a great sketch and am loving your take on it and thanks for joining us at April's Rudolph Days Christmas Challenge, Luv Sam x



    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh love the idea of the sentiment like this and it works so well with these poinsettias. Really do like overlapping images so this is a great design and love you added touches of gold-sending hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. great take on the sketch ... fabulous card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you used the sketch Vicky, it's such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely CAS design, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you liked my sketch this week Vicky - I think some were scared by it!! I love your festive take on it; that trio of poinsettias layer perfectly and I love the contrasting typefaces of your sentiment too. You nailed it! Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun christmas card! Love the pretty blooms. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this design!!! I need to find more time to play. Beautiful card Vicky. Thanks so much for linking it to our HLS Christmas challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The overlapping images and the dimension work beautifully together.The rich red and gold are a match made in heaven and I love the sentiment.Eva;s friend looks like she is ready to get up to mischief.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a pretty card. Adding the third poinsettia was well worth the fussy cutting. It looks lovely like that.
    Thanks for taking part in the April Rudolph Days Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)