Pages

Thursday 21 April 2022

Stencils and sequins

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Happy Thursday to you! Are you ready for a little Tic Tac Toe fun? Then Felicita's board is just the thing to kickstart your creativity!


I've chosen the right hand column Ink Blend/Embellishments/Stencil for a birthday card.


It was SO much fun making this card! I started with a white card panel, positioning Uniko's Pure Florals Rose stencil over it and sponging pale and dark purple inks into it. I clapped wet hands over it before removing the stencil, although you can hardly see that in the photo. When it was dry, I added a little detail with a purple coloured pencil.


I stenciled the rose again onto a scrap of paper and cut it out so that I could use it as a mask. Once it was in place, I blended green and blue inks over the background and trimmed the panel to size with a crimped rectangle die from The Greetery. These dies are designed for US A2 sized cards but I just used a trimmer to cut my card base to fit the panel.
 

The sentiment was stamped with the two purple inks I'd used to ink up the rose. I attached the panel to the card base and added some purple sequins for a touch of sparkle.

Okay, so now it's your turn! Do hop over to the Tic Tac Toe blog to admire the team's fabulous samples. You will find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and you can use it to link up your own creation when you're ready. Have fun!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at Happy Little Stampers Stencil challenge where Anything Goes; I used the colours from the right hand column at Color My Heart Color Dare 492 Mulberry/Mint/Avocado so I'm joining in there too; and I'm playing along at Make The Cards Challenge where we need to Create an Ink Blended Background.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
I have had so little time for crafting just lately that I'm getting withdrawal symptoms! But what with wedding-planning and Easter celebrations with the family and Eva's wild young puppy pal to supervise, there really hasn't been a moment to get inky. Thank you so much for sticking with me and hopefully I'll be able to spend a little bit more time here in May :)

Sending hugs,

17 comments:

  1. Vicky, Stunning who would not love to receive this beauty stencil and sequins. Great take on the right row on this weeks TTT board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning colours Vicky,your rose is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous inky floral card.

    Sounds like you need 5 mins to put your feet up and have a cuppa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome blending on the flower and the background, Vicky! Love the details you added with the pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky this card is just gorgeous I adore that stencil and your colouring wow !!!! really is beautifully and oh so frameworthy. How wonderful to plan your daughters wedding ,so much to do and oh so exciting.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! I love how you designed the flower, it looks so real.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful. Love that stencil although must admit I don’t own it…yet! Thanks for playing along with Color My Heart Color Dare. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Nice stencil work. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is gorgeous! You've used our colors well and created a beautiful look. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card. That stencil work is truly beautiful. Thanks for adding your work to Colour Dare Challenge, I hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am behind with my commenting - forgive me! I absolutely love this blousy rose stencil. The purples blend beautifully but I love how you blended around it too for the infill. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Vicky... great blending. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare. Check us out at Double Trouble and hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! This is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Make The Cards Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    MAKE THE CARDS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  14. it is beautiful. thank you for participating in color dare challenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. The stencilled flower is so beautiful! Thanks for joining the Make The Cards Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)