Pages

Monday 2 May 2022

Flying in late

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I found out that I'd missed a friend's birthday recently and hurried to set things straight. Thank goodness for card challenges to kickstart the creativity!


I liked the idea of this pair of birds from Clearly Besotted's Love Birds being pals, and can you see that the top one is flying in late for the birthday party?! I stamped the birds first and masked them off so that I could sponge in a pink inky background. After that, I positioned Funky Fossil's Brick Wall stencil over it, sponged more of the pink ink, and turned the background into a garden wall.


While I still had the bird masks in place I stamped the branch from Concord & 9th's Beautiful Branches and added some blossom using a tiny flower from Inky Doodles' Some Bunny to Love. The masks were removed and I coloured everything with pink, orange and yellow coloured pencils. 


The card was finished with a sentiment from Funky Fossil's Snail Mail and a few black details with a fineliner pen.

CHALLENGES
The inspiration came from Less is More where the theme is One Layer and Off Centre; The Paper Players where Jaydee has chosen Birds and/or Bees as her theme for the week; Allsorts where Lynn's choice of theme is Anything Goes with the option to Create a Scene; my zingy colour palette came from Color My Heart Color Dare 493 which I just couldn't resist!   
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
As I was walking Eva down the hill into town the other day, I spotted a lady coming towards us beaming from ear to ear. "Hello!" she called enthusiastically as she came closer to us. I  didn't recognise her but I'm a friendly soul and called hello back - and just as I did, I heard another voice behind me calling hello too. Yes, they were greeting each other and Eva and I just happened to be in the way!

Sending hugs,

20 comments:

  1. Your lovebirds are beautiful,really clever use of the colours in the color card challenge a wonderful CAS card

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely delicate design, thank you for sharing it at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love bird themed cards and this one is so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clean and lovely card, Vicky! You did a marvelous job of masking. I really like the colors you selected. I had to giggle at your "hello" story. Too cute! Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely take on our OLC off center challenge. This is colored so beautifully. Thanks for playing over at LIM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautifully designed and colourful creation, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    Pangs of guilt as I arrived here Vicky, somewhere floating around my desk is a post it note with your name on it, or was!! Will mail you shortly.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you get such a beautiful card, you can definitely forgive the delay. Gundi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know what happened. On most blogs I can only comment 'anonymously'. On some blogs not at all and on some everything has stayed the way it was. I know from some other bloggers that it is the same with them. It must be a problem with Blogger. I hope that the problem will be fixed soon. Gundi

      Delete
  8. A perfect off-centre card - love those zingy birds and the clever masking/stencilling too. Your little story made me smile - that is so something I would do too! Oh and thanks for sharing over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful CAS design! Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty offset to the right side. I love that you used somewhat muted tones for the colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these sweet birds, Vicky! So colorful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beauty.Love the soft colours and your gorgeous brick wall detail I wouldn't mind a late card if it was like this. That has happened to me so many times glad I'm not the only one lol.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful design with these lovely stamps. Thanks for taking part in my challenge week at Allsorts challenge. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect card for a late birthday, Vicky! I love the bright colors and how you masked the birds for that fabulous background! So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  16. Masking the birdies to get the background stenciling is perfect and the add of the twigs complete your CAS scene. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, this is so pretty, Vicki! The brick stencil ads so much interest. A fabulous one layer card! I'm so glad that you joined us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is lovely, Vicky! You used the challenge colors perfectly. I especially like the subtle stenciled design. Thank you for playing along with us at Color Dare #493.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)