Pages

Wednesday 4 May 2022

Anemones for a friend

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I laughed like a plastic bag in the wind when I wrote the title of this blog post! Yes I know, it's the little things in life... let's move on!  Come and see a floral card I made for a lovely friend:


This card was inspired by some planters I spotted in my home town, filled with spring flowers including some gorgeous purple anemones. I have WPlus9's Modern Anemones stamp set and couldn't wait to get home and recreate those purple beauties. I used black ink to stamp the flowers and a green ink for the leaves which are separate in the set - very versatile! I watercoloured the blooms with my new Stampin' Up Fresh Freesia ink (that colour feels so fresh!) and a green ink for the leaves.


Once everything had dried, I got out my beloved coloured pencils and layered on more colour and more detail. The distinctive black flower centres were added with a fineliner pen. The panel was trimmed to size with a stitched rectangle die from Heffy Doodle. My card base was slightly taller than the panel so I used a waterbased black marker to add decorative stripes at the top and the bottom.


The sentiment was made with a combination of The Greetery's PreText Sentiments and Avery Elle's Big Birthday and I added some iridescent sequins from an SU card kit.

CHALLENGES
I'm linking up with  Addicted to Stamps and More where there's a Birthday theme; Stamping Sensations where the theme this month is Anything Goes with optional Floral and Fauna; We Love Stamping where the team is looking for creations suitable For a Lady or a Girl; and Happy Little Stampers Watercolour challenge.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
I'm not the only one enjoying the spring. We often walk by the river but at this time of the year I take different routes so that the ducks can raise their little families undisturbed by The Beige Beast!


Instead of walking by the river, I take a path up a little hill where the water is screened off by apple and plum trees, all blossoming now.  Eva wanders dreamily along here through the long grass and Queen Anne's Lace without a thought for the river life!

Sending hugs,

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Vicky,the colours and layout are perfect,

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delightful feminine floral card Vickie, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping May challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Vicky, love the layout, colours, and that super big sentiment. Eva’s fabulous too 😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is stunning and I love the flowers and how you colored the flowers.
    Our Kaito loves rabbit hunting at the moment. The big bunnies are too fast for him, but the baby bunnies are not yet. But we were amazed. He found a baby bunny and didn't do anything to it, just showed us: Look, that's a baby bunny. We immediately put him on the leash and led him away, because the little rabbit was already very scared. For the next few days, Kaito kept running to the spot where he found the bunny...but no bunny was there. Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with Meg’s comment above. It’s a stunning card and I just know the recipient LOVED it!!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colouring skills always amaze me. :) Fabulous one layer card, the vibrant anemones look really beautiful against the delicate leaves. Interesting technique for the sentiment, too and the two black edges finish the card perfectly.
    Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping May challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These anemones are gorgeous, Vicky! I love how you've done the sentiment and the flowers frame it! The narrow black strips make it all pop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to read the title aloud to get why you laughed, but then I did too! The card is beautiful xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card, my favourite colour too....Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those purple anemones pack a real punch Vicky and the pencil work is fabulous, as always. Love the cleverly layered sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you've re-created something you observed in your neighbourhood. Great job with the watercolours and colored pencils. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)