Pages

Thursday 23 June 2022

Strength and Dignity

Hello, crafting friends!
 
At last I've had some time to roll my sleeves up and get inky! Housework is for people with no craft supplies - am I right?! I've gone right back to my CAS roots for today's simple, one layer card. Come and see:
 

I found these 4" square card bases in Hobbycraft last time I was there and thought it would be fun to try a different size. I masked off the corner of my card base with low tack tape and sponged pale pink and yellow inks over the area. A lovely friend had sent me this wonderful stampset, Fierce and Brave by Stamplorations, and I stamped one of the elegant ladies from it in grey over the ink blend.


I added a few touches of darker colour to the image with coloured pencils before stamping the sentiment, also from the set, into the space below the image. That's it!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up with Less is More, where the theme is One Layer and Just One Image; Jaydee has chosen the theme of One Layer and CAS at The Paper Players this week and I'm joining in there too; This is the first outing for this gorgeous stamp set so I'm also sharing at Darnell's NBUS challenge.
 
 
AND IN OTHER NEWS
There was no strength and dignity to be found in the garden today.
 

"Hmmph! Well when ARE we going swimming?"

Sending hugs,

14 comments:

  1. This looks beautiful on one of your new card bases Vicky, and I love the way you have inked just the corner in those two soft and pretty colours and then stamped that fabulous lady, and the sentiment finishes it perfectly. I love the photo of Eva.. it was very close here today so no wonder she fancied a swim. Thank you so much of joining in at the NBUS Challenge this month. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend sent you a wonderful stamp set Vicky,the image beautiful and the sentiment inspirational,the touch of colour perfect.Poor Eva looks tired

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Vicky! I LOVE how you masked off the corner, and sponged in the soft colors. This is a lovely image, and a powerful sentiment. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that card is simply AWESOME. A super OLC.

    Oh dear, Eva looks right fed up!!! Best you take her swimming SOON! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! What an extraordinary card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and thoughtful 4" square one layer card that is perfect for the challenges, Vicky. I know how Eva feels...I wanted to jump in the river when I took my 4 mile brisk walk...now time for a cool shower instead. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So classy, Vicky! Your soft sponging colors her beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your beautiful lady is a perfect image for your new size and I love the subtle masked corner coloring, Vicky!

    Ah, Eva. You get the best photos. I just want to cover that smushie face with kisses. Dogs can sure impale us with their pleading eyes, can't they? Here she is, barely dry and imploring you to have another go and I don't blame her. Me and Nellie - and even the hamster - are sure wishing we had a pool or swimming hole or even a puddle around here! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell (p.s. Knock off that housework. You're making the rest of us look bad!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning image and sentiment Vicky. I agree, housework is for those without crafty things to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Vicky. I love the gentle sponging on the corner and that sentiment is everything. Truly a OLW. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really are the queen of CAS! It's gorgeous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great OLC - a single image and sentiment, with some clever masking and subtle colour - this is why you are the queen of CAS cards Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfectly CAS card! I love the image. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at Less is More! PS: poor Eva :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)