Pages

Thursday 23 June 2022

Nautical or nice?

Ahoy there, crafting friends!
 
Welcome to a great new challenge at Addicted to CAS! Toni is at the helm for the next couple of weeks with a code word that may leave you all at sea... (I know, I know, I'm really scraping the barrel for these puns!)


Yes, it's the nautical challenge and here's my take:
 

For the background of this masculine birthday card, I used part of a new diamond shaped stencil from Inkylicious, gifted me by a lovely friend. I sponged three different blue-green inks into the stencil for an ombré ocean look, then over-stamped it with some new Lavinia fish, which I was lucky enough to win at Allsorts :)
 

Above my sea, I added some clouds courtesy of Funky Fossil's Scenic Borders stencil. One of the sailboats from Waffleflower's Lighthouse stamp set was stamped on the ocean surface using black ink. I finished with a block sentiment from Uniko's Simply Said Blocks, a small yellow punched circle and a tiny red enamel dot.
 

Right me hearties, it's your turn to take the oars! Do sail over to the Addicted to CAS challenge blog to check out the team's inspiration and then use the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post to share your own creations with us. We can't wait to see what you come up with!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking up with Darnell's NBUS challenge; also Happy Little Stampers Stencil challenge; and also Allsorts where the theme is Summer.

AND IN OTHER NEWS
Here's another pair having fun in the water:


As you can see, Eva's leg is absolutely fine now! Thank you so much for your well wishes - as you can imagine, we are all very relieved it wasn't anything serious. 

PS. Also, sorry about all the terrible nautical puns today :/

 

Sending hugs,


3 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky! I hope you are well. I just saw this on the ATCAS Blog and I LOVE it! What a fabulous design! Such a creative way to make your nautical scene. Just had to stop in and say hello, an let you know who much I love this card. I hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you are at all sorry for your nautical puns and why should you be the made me laugh anyway. Love the unusual shape of this card design and the fantastic colour blending.The little enamel dot ids such a fantastic touch. As for Eva should looks like she is having a blast now her leg is better.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous Vicky! I love the triangle as the depth of the ocean. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)