Pages

Saturday 9 July 2022

Birthday surprise!

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Happy Saturday and welcome to another fun challenge at Addicted to CAS! Now, gather round and listen carefully please as Miss Jaydee comes forward to give you the code word for this fortnight!


Isn't that fun?! I decided to make a card featuring kids FOR kids and reached for an older set called Fly With Me by Clearly Besotted. The lego-style kids are designed to be put into the aeroplane in the set but I decided to have them leaping out from behind a birthday banner waving balloons!


I stamped the group of kids first, directly onto a card base, and coloured them with oil-based coloured pencils. The balloons were added by stenciling colour into a stencil made with a small circle punch. The strings were added with a fine-nibbed fineliner pen.


When the kids and their balloons were in place, I positioned Clearly Besotted's Sunny Day stencil over the group and gently sponged pale yellow ink through it to create a fade-out background. The banner is a favourite from Sugar Rush by Winnie and Walter (sadly no longer trading.) After stamping it, adding the sentiment and snipping it out, I added it to the card front using dimensional pads.

So now it's your turn! What does the word Kids inspire you to make? We can't wait to see! Do hop over to the Addicted to CAS challenge site to check out the team's ideas. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and you can use it to share your own creation with us. Don't forget to keep your card clean and simple with plenty of nice clear space!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking up with Addicted to Stamps and More where Birthdays is the latest challenge.

 
AND IN OTHER NEWS
A heatwave is sweeping the UK so we've been spending a lot of time on the river walks.

I leave you with a rare sighting of the Golden Hippo!

Sending hugs,


5 comments:

  1. A fabulous happy trio and super background, Eva looks really ecstatic to be in the water

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card Vicky.
    I wish I was Eva taking a dip in something cool! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Vicky! Great coloring on those kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card and for some reason it reminded me of Charlie's Angels lol.I love the soft colouring together with the dynamic banner and those kids are super cute. As for Ms Eva hahaha looks like she has the right idea.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)