Pages

Tuesday 5 July 2022

Bringing flowers as a guest

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I am delighted to be guesting with Retro Rubber Challenge today after winning challenge 183 with THIS card. This time the challenge is a sketch - and of course the requirement is to use some of your older stamps - choose ones that are over a year old and do let us know when they were released! Here's the sketch:


Isn't it inspiring?! I have an old Stampin' Up stamp set (Painted Petals, released in 2015 I think) that I love and still use quite often; I thought it would be perfect for this sketch!
 

Taking a white card panel, I stenciled pale yellow ink into a trellis stencil to create the rectangle shape. There are dots and stripes images in the stamp set which were perfect for recreating the two horizzzontals.
 

The trellis is quite subtle but you can see it more clearly on the photo above. The cluster of the flowers and leaves was stamped on scrap card and fussy cut. I added detail with coloured pencils before attaching the flowers to the background. 
 

To finish the card, I chose a pretty flowing script from another older set, Altenew's Birthday Greetings (released 2015) and stamped it between two of the stripes. I attached the card panel to a card base using dimensional strips and added a sprinkling of coordinating sequins too for that feminine touch!

Okay so now it's your turn! Do hop over to the Retro Rubber challenge site where the design team has some beautiful samples to inspire you. When you're ready to share your own creation, you can use the Linky Tool which you'll find at the bottom of the post. Don't forget to use stamps older than a year - and have fun!!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at We Love Stamping where the theme is Anything Stamped with the option of Hot Sunny Colours; I'm also joining in with Laurie's Green Thumb challenge at The Paper Players; and Allsorts where Ellie has chosen the theme of Flora and/or Fauna.

AND IN OTHER NEWS
I love the summer days for walking. When Eva has friends we tend to walk out in the countryside but when she and I are on our own, we tend to walk in the local parks because it is her great joy to greet people and other dogs. One of our parks has created great areas of wildflower meadow to attract bees and butterflies and other pollinators and they always make me marvel.
 

Here's Mrs Floof, poised to have a romp through the poppies!

Sending hugs,

17 comments:

  1. Very pretty card indeed. Great sketch and congratulations on your guest spot.

    Mrs Floof looks lovely too.

    Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful! So clever to use the stencils and I love your color choices. And I love Eva! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Vicky! I remember this set - you've done a gorgeous job with it! Love your take on our sketch, so perfect! Thanks so much for guesting with us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an inspiration Vicky,your cards are always exquisite,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky! Thank you so much for being our guest at Retro Rubber! This card is nothing short of brilliant! I love the stencil and circles/stripes for the vertical and horizontal bits! I wish I would have thought of that! This card is a showstopper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful soft design! Love your take of the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, what a beautiful implementation of the sketch. I like it very much when the sketch are interpreted a little more freely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when a layered sketch is pared back into something so beautifully CAS Vicky - and I still have that set (somewhere!!) too. Such a soft and pretty card. Thanks for sharing along over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card for your well deserved Guest spot Vicky, love the colours you used too. What a wonderful piccie of Eva

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous and lovely card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card Vicky - the colours are lovely.
    Eva has mischief written all over her face - like 'Go on dare me to demolish this poppy field'!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your wildflower garden in your park is ALMOST as pretty as that card! Just beautiful! So happy you're our GD this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the warm colors on your card and how you used a stencil for the background layer, great option for adding interest without actually adding paper layers. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players, and your doggo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a soft and pretty card! Speaking of pretty, Eva is an absolute beauty. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here after a very long break, holiday followed by a bad MS flare up and I'm slow catching up, but what a pretty card awaiting the visit. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in at We Love Stamping July challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Firstly Eva is gorgeous!! I love your card, all the layering without paper, stunning. Thank you for guesting at Retro Rubber, hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Claire RR DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Vicky - this really is one of the loveliest cards I've seen in a while. It's utterly delightful and I almost had the vapours that you did all that perfect fussy cutting!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)