Pages

Saturday 20 August 2022

Coming up roses

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Welcome to another fun challenge at Addicted to CAS! Helen has decided on the code word for the next fortnight and I think you are going to love it:
 

We all love to think pink don't we!  I thought of deep-hearted, sweet-scented pink roses for my note card.
 

This is a very simple one layer card, using a rose stencil from Uniko. It's a really big stencil (you can see how it fills a whole card in THIS card) but I've taped it quite a way off my card base here to make the roses smaller. I stenciled twice, in opposite corners, blending pink inks into it each time. When the stencil was removed I added a tiny bit of detail with a pink coloured pencil.


I love a touch of gold with pink, so I finished my card with this beautiful sentiment from C&9th's Beautiful Branches, stamped with versamark ink and heat embossed in gold.
 

Okay, so now it's your turn! Do hop over to the Addicted to CAS challenge site to check out the beautiful pink samples my teamies have made to inspire you. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and you can use it to share your own creation with us when you're ready. Don't forget we are a clean and simple challenge and we love to see clear white space on your cards!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up with Happy Little Stampers Stencil challenge where Anything Stenciled Goes; also Try it on Tuesday where the theme is Summer Blooms; and last but not least, Allsorts where a new theme of Anything Goes with optional roses starts today.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
I was wandering around the garden centre the other day when I saw a rose called Fair Eva. What an excellent addition to my tiny flower garden I thought, adding it to my wish list; it would be a wonderful tribute to my beloved golden retriever! When I got home I looked it yup and discovered it comes in many versions, from a miniature rose to a large rambling variety. I suppose I should get the rambling one so that it can take over the entire garden and REALLY remind me of my girl!
 

Sending hugs,

13 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful selection of stencils, this is a beauty, gorgeous one layer card

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be a thought reader Vicky, do pop over to Allsorts with your beautiful Roses.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pink and gold colour combo and a very pretty rose. Love everything about this card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful stencil and gorgeous card. The golden accents are so perfect! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Allsorts for our option of roses challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful rose, its a lovely stencil and the colouring is lovely

    Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday Challenge

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous stenciled card! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pink and gold what's not to love absolutely perfect in every way.I do love a good stencil I really love the size of this one it's so versatile.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stencil, and fabulous CAS card. Thanks so much for joining us at this week's Allsorts challenge.
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done with the part stencil. I was never really into roses but recently I have gone mad for the scent of them in all sorts of things. A rambling rose would be a wonderful reminder of Eva. Thanks for taking part at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you added the rose to opposite corners, so pretty in pink. LURVE the rose, must look out for it. Yep! you gotta get it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! Love that rose! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! ((HUGS)) Helen

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)