Pages

Friday 19 August 2022

Waste not, want not

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I wore the pups out with a massive walk by the river this morning so, while they were busy snoozing, I used up some snippets to make a quick birthday card:
 

I'm quite pleased with this card as I've been passing over these snippets for ages. The little plant was once a version of THIS one layer card that went a bit wrong :/ I snipped it out to use on a future project. The woodgrain had been stamped on the back of another one layer card where I'd stamped a badly wonky sentiment, but then it turned out to be surplus to requirements - so it's a DOUBLE snippet!! The card base had had a topper badly attached and it got ripped as I removed it... Are you getting a picture of the kind of crafter I am?!!
 

I used one of Spellbinders' Hemstitch frame dies to trim the woodgrain snippet to size and sponged a little blue ink up from the bottom to coordinate with the plant. The sentiment from Pinkfresh Studios was stamped directly onto the woodgrain but (did I mention I was a bit of a clumsy crafter?!) it came out wonky so I stamped it on a white snippet, fussy cut it and glued it over the original, but straighter this time!
 

I did a bit of extra fussy cutting on the plant and popped it up on dimensional pads, then glued the panel over the spoiled section on the card base. For a finishing touch I added green enamel dots to the flower centres.
 

Here are the snippets I started with :)

CHALLENGES
I'm dashing off to the Snippets Playground with my homework - hope I make it in time (and that it might be cocktail hour!!; I'm also joining in with the Anything Goes theme at Seize The Birthday and the Happy Little Stampers Birthday challenge where Anything Goes.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
Eva's pal Koda has come to stay! We have known her since she was a tiny pup and she is a sweetheart who comes out for walks with us sometimes and often spends the day with us too. This is the first time she's come for sleepovers though and I can report she is being a Very Good Girl and is full of wags every morning! 
 

She's just having a quick nap here... It's quite full-on being in a house where there are loads of toys and a pal to play with, and a human to have cuddles with and more walks than you can shake a stick at!

Sending hugs,

13 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky love, love your card it is gorgeous the woodgrain background is super and Koda looks a little beauty bless her.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You created a wonderful card from your happy accidents Vicky, I'm not good at visualising/ combining snippets so admire your skill. Lovely pic of a sleepy girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant use of your discarded snippets to make this smashing card.

    You’re quite safe as it’s nearly always cocktail hour in the Snippets Playground! I have some nice dark chocolate to share with you too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that’s a massive save of all those snippets, and what an awesome card as a result. Koda looks cute too! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card and so glad that you shared it with us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noooooo! Vicky, you don't mean you are not perfect? I have always thought you are! :) What a wonderful card to make out of snippets, That is VERY clever, so you are perfect after all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a good human! Love your love for animals! As for your sweet birthday card...it's darling and your quick fix would have been known by none! Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card Vicky - and I'm stunned at how much you managed to save then re-purpose! Well done. LOVE your visitor. Eva must be in Seventh Heaven! Do they sit up in their beds reading comics - that's a MUST for sleepovers with friends! Tee, hee.

    Hugs

    Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of your snippets Vicky, the elements work so well together. Thanks for adding it to the gallery at HLS Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really beautiful card. Great idea for a card. Thank you for sharing it with us in the HLS Birthday gallery.
    Bożena DT HLS

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous card and made with snippets wow!!! None of my snippets are even up to a second reprieve this is just stunning.Doggie day care seems to suit you have you thought about doing it professionally? The doglets certainly seem to love it.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is always so rewarding when you can use up a snippet that went wrong and now goes so well on a card and it makes your proud. Thanks for joining in the fun at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)