Pages

Wednesday 10 August 2022

Hugs and farewell

Hello, crafting friends,
 
Today, I'm joining with many other crafters in Blogland to Pay tribute to one of our own, Lindsey, who died recently. She inspired so many of us through her work on many challenge design teams and I loved the warm and witty comments she left. She had already chosen her colour palette at Color Hues and the team there, and their sister challenge Seize the Birthday, are honouring their friend this challenge.
 

Blue and purple were the colours she chose and I've made a flowery card as she loved a floral. I used one of Uniko's large floral stencils, and sponged two shades of purple ink into it. Once that stencil was removed, I was able to position Funky Fossil's Brick Wall stencil over the top and stencil a fade-out wall effect in pale blue ink. The panel was trimmed to size with a stitched rectangle die from Heffy Doodle.


The sentiment is meant as a farewell to Lindsey herself and a comfort to her friends. I stamped it in versamark ink, then heat embossed it in gold before cutting it out and attaching it to the crysanthemum. The panel was then mounted onto a card base and I added a few mismatched sequins to tie the colours together.

CHALLENGES
I'm linking up with Color Hues which is running this tribute; I'm also joining in at Happy Little Stampers Stencil challenge, which was another challenge Lindsey designed for.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
I have some workmen in my garden today and this is the face of a golden retriever who isn't allowed to join in with all their jolly 'games'.


Poor baby. She just can't understand that they didn't come round to entertain her!
 
Sending hugs,

11 comments:

  1. A beautiful card in Lindsey's chosen colours, a perfect tribute to Lindsey and to give comfort to all who knew her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky, this is a perfect tribute to Lindsey and I love how you added the faded brick background to add extra interest and color. The gold hugs and bling finish it beautifully. Even Eva is feeling sad. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely tribute xxx p.s. I’m off to the supermarket to sit in the cool ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Vicky. love the colour mix, stamp, and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Vicky. Sorry for your loss xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for the loss of your crafting/blog friend Vicky. You''ve made a wonderful tribute card for her. Lovely colours and very apt sentiment.

    Poor Eva - that is a gloomy fed-up "Why can't I play?" face isn't it? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous tribute to Lindsey, Vicky! Love this big purple flower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the CAS design! I love how we have all come together to honor Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicky, I love how you took two totally different patterns and made them work so seamlessly. A Beautiful card for my dear friend. Love the embossed greeting! I can feel your hug from afar. Thanks for playing along with us for our Special Tribute at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vicky what a beautiful design, super CAS and lovely! Thank you for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card for a beautiful friend.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)