Pages

Tuesday 20 September 2022

Never lose hope

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I recently added some arch nesting dies from The Greetery to my craft stash and the first thing I thought of when I opened the pack was a rainbow! So I tried it out...
 

... and this was the result! It's a very Die Cut kind of a card. I cut the tops of the arches out of coloured card from my snippets folders. The rainbow was assembled and glued to a card base. Next I cut two card panels to size with a Heffy Doodle stitched rectangle die and trimmed the tops with a cloud border die from Lawn Fawn.
 

The cloud topped panels were overlapped and attached to the card front, allowing the rainbow to peek out of the top. I finished with a lovely sentiment from WaffleFlower, stamped in purple, and embellished with coloured enamel dots.

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at the Time Out Challenge where I was inspired by the quote by Maya Angelou 'Try to be the rainbow in someone's cloud.' I'm also joining in with Happy Little Stampers Die challenge where Anything Goes. It's the first outing for the arch dies so I'm playing along at Darnell's NBUS challenge where we share projects made with our Never Before Used Schtuff.

AND IN OTHER NEWS
Here is a photo of someone who never loses hope. She has been taught that begging is very common behaviour that never gets rewarded, but that if she is very, very quiet and good lying near the table, she may get a morsel from the clearer upper when everyone has left the table!
 

This is her face when I have suggested a walk but have gone back into  the house for the umpteenth time because I have forgotten things! She is, frankly, a little bit disappointed in me.

Sending hugs,

5 comments:

  1. A fabulous card with an inspirational sentiment.Eva looks resigned to waiting for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent card, Vicky. Love it and your dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That face! Eva is the image of "endearing" every time! And every time she brings a smile and a physical relaxing of any tense mussels I may be holding. It's like magic science! Speaking of, look at that happy magical rainbow you created to peak over the tops of your fabulous cumulus clouds!! What a great encouragement card, Vicky! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cheerful card, Vicky... and Eva too, of course! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful design, I really like it. Eva's face is certainly a picture!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)