Pages

Monday 31 October 2022

The Wedding arch

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I am continuing to be besotted with my Mistletoe Arches layered stencil set from The Greetery and after making a birthday card, a Christmas card and a sympathy card with them, have turned my attention to weddings! We went to a wedding this weekend, and the invitation we received for it used these gorgeous colours!
 

I started by stenciling the leaves onto a panel and trimming it to size. Then, after positioning the arch mask in the middle with temporary glue, I sponged the dark purple ink very lightly in from the edges. I replaced the arch mask with the arch stencil and sponged a light purple ink into it. When the stencil was removed, I was left with a paler purple arch with a thin white line around it, which really adds to the impression of dimension but without any bulk.
 

I stamped one of the sentiments from The Greetery's Arched Sentiments set inside the arch and added a stamped, gold-embossed and die cut sentiment from the same set. Finally I added the berries using the stencil and a gold pencil, then shaded with a gold marker and added white dots for extra detail.

CHALLENGES
I'm joining in with the 700th challenge at Allsorts Huge congratulations to Brenda and the team there. Such an impressive milestone! The theme is Let's Celebrate - Any Special Occasion, and there are prizes so do join in!


AND IN OTHER NEWS
Everyone seems to be gearing up for halloween in my neighbourhood. I do not enjoy this 'celebration' in the slightest but I did see some things in a shop window that gave me a good chuckle:

 
Click on the pic to get the details! I hope they give you a laugh too!

Sending hugs,

10 comments:

  1. your cards using this stencil have been inspirational Vicky,this is another beauty in gorgeous colours. Had to smile at the pic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours of this card Vicky. Very nice stencilling, stamping and die cutting.

    Got my GD witches’ hat on to say thanks for joining in with the special celebrations at Allsorts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making wedding cards with the colors of the invitation & boy is this a beauty! I did get a chuckle from the notices & I'm with you on not being a fan of Halloween. Luckily, we generally have very few kids. Our puppy dog doesn't want strangers at the door, so it's a stressful night--for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a pretty colour palette Vicky and a delightful wedding card, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 700th challenge at Allsorts.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lurve the colour mix Vicky and how thoughtful to send a card with the wedding theme colours. Love the arch and the lovely Bride and Groom in Gold. We don't celebrate Halloween either, but I love the humour of the shop keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGOODNESS! what beautiful colours I just adore this arche stencil and you have certainly showed us how versatile it is with your beautiful creations.Thanks for the halloween howls sooo funny.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very unusual, but also very beautiful wedding card.
    And I promise you, this year I won't be showing Halloween cards on my blog anymore. You can visit him with peace of mind... *LOL*
    I don't like Halloween either, but I like making cards for it. Yes, I know, a bit weird!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The card is absolutely stunning, Vicky! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely wedding card Vicky with great stamping and stencilling and fab use of colours. Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts this week for our 700th challenge "Let's Celebrate".
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous and lovely card!
    Thank you for celebrating #700 Allsorts Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)