Pages

Thursday 3 November 2022

Sparkle berries

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Welcome to another Thursday of Tic Tac Toe fun! Elizabeth has come up with a wonderful board to inspire you this week:
 

Lots of options there - especially if, like me, you are frantically trying to get a whole stash of festive cards made! I've chosen the middle column Red/Sparkle/Hollyy to create this one.
 

I started by trimming a card panel so that it was slightly smaller than my card base, then cutting the centre out with a decorative stitched label die and replacing it to create a stitched frame. The pine branch from Uniko's Winter Foliage stamp set was stamped directly onto the panel and I added holly from the same set, stamped and cut out.
 


The sentiment is put together from different sets from The Greetery and from Stampin' Up and I stamped it in a dark red and a pink for an illusion of dimension. The berries were the final addition, cut out of lovely, sparkly, bright red paper using two sizes of circle punch.

So now it's your turn! Which column or row will you choose? Or will you opt for one of the diagonals? Do hop over to the Tic Tac Toe challenge site to check out the fab samples Team X has made to inspire you. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and you can use it to share your own creation with us. We can't wait to see what you make!

CHALLENGES
I thought I'd pop a second entry in at Allsorts where they team is celebrating the 700th challenge with the theme Let's Celebrate Any Special Occasion! I'm also linking up at Peace on Earth where they always have such inspiring mood boards; I'm also joining in with Merry Little Christmas and The Holly and the Ivy where Anything Christmas Goes.

 
AND IN OTHER NEWS
Well halloween is over thank goodness and hopefully all the horrible decorations will be cleared away soon! My fluffy girl had a bit of a scare on one of our river walks. Back in the summer, a group of lads were cooling of with a swim in the river and one of them left his t shirt behind. Someone hung it on the fence so that they'd see it if they returned and it's been there ever since. Every time we come near it, I notice Eva's body language stiffening and I'm sure she thinks it's a person...
 
 
only a weird person that isn't moving like a real person - aaaargh!  She always relaxes when we come closer and she realises it's just a shirt hanging on the fence!

Sending hugs,

16 comments:

  1. LOVE those sparkly berries...such a pretty card! And I am laughing at Eva's "ghost"!!! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite Christmas colour combo Vicky,traditional style cards are my favourite,a beautiful CAS style card. Poor Eva,it's strange what can upset our pets,,one of our dogs was petrified of plastic bags

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicky: your CAS style Christmas card is simply elegant! Thanks for entering MLCCB's November-mid December challenge! --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today's card is a really elegant one for Christmas Vicky, many thanks for sharing it with us at our 700th Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! Love how you created it. Thanks also for taking part in the Allsorts 700th challenge this week. That shirt would scare me too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous Vicky, I love the "overlapping" stamping and the lovely holly, love the berry sparkle. As for the shirt? You would have thought he would be looking for it, wouldn't you? Quite spooky for anyone coming across it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really lovely Christmas card Vicky. Great to see a second entry from you in the special Allsorts challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, elegant CAS card! I love how you inked the sentiment. Thank you for joining the 700th challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very stylish CAS Christmas card Vicky, I win that Uniko set and haven’t used it yet, I really should !! Thanks so much for joining our special 700th “Let’s Celebrate” challenge at Allsorts
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful design Vicky - especially love the sparkly red “berries”! Thanks for sharing it with the The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge! Hope you’ll join us again soon!
    Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad Halloween is out of the way too Vicky - Christmas all the way now, especially as far as cardmaking is concerned!! I love the frame detailing on your card and the way you overlaid the foliage - sometimes it's the little things that make all the difference! Lovely sparkly berries too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. Love the corner design with the holly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poor Eva! Puppy dogs don't like things out of place, as least Fritz doesn't. He has to slowly go toward it & be sure it's OK before he will relax. Sometimes I have to go up to it to show him it's OK. Anyway--just love that Uniko set & how you've used it here! Wonderful design! Now I need to pull mine out & make something!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful card with fantastic placement and gorgeous festive colours so classy just like your good self. As for Eva am not surprised she is a little alarmed by the white ghost like sheet hanging from the fence. My little mini pinscher bailey is afraid of his shadow and is even scared of his food bowl !!!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)