Pages

Monday 13 February 2023

Delighting in daffodils

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Where oh where does the time go?! I skip about thinking I'm all ahead of the game when all of a sudden, the things I should have done jump out at me and I realise that I'm not only NOT ahead of the game, but am dismally far behind it. So today's card was made with my fingers in my ears, saying "La la la, I can't hear you" to the chores!!
 

I've been dying to have a play with these 3D embossing folders that lots of you have been showcasing so I spent some of my Christmas money on several, including this one: Daffodil Delight by Altenew. I wondered if it would work to emboss just parts of the pattern, snip it out and colour it, and it turns out it works very well!
 
 
I coloured my fussy cut daffodils with alcohol markers and I love the dimension the embossing gives them. To assemble the card, I trimmed a snippet of Craft Consortium designer paper to size with a stitched rectangle die, attached it to a card base and layered my daffodils over the top. To finish, I stamped a sentiment from Uniko's Simply Said Blocks, snipped it out and gave it a ribbon tail on one side before adding it to the card front.
 

 I used just two snippets to create this card and the card base.

CHALLENGES
I followed Linda's fabulous sketch at Freshly Made Sketches so I'll link up there; This is my homework for The Snippets Playground where the challenge is to make a card with snippets; Over at the As You See It challenge Deborah has come up with a fill-in-the-blank for us: My favourite thing about spring is... I love watching the spring flowers come to life so I'm entering this card there too.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
The daffodils are making a supreme effort to come out along the path before we get to the fields behind our house.
 
 
Eva is very interested in them and, while I would love to think she is planning horticultural extravagances, I suspect the vulgar truth is that one of her pals has had a wee over them!!!

Sending hugs,

22 comments:

  1. Aren't these beautiful blooms Vicky, beautifully done. I rather suspect you are spot on about Eva.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Spring card Vicky,your colouring on the daffodils is stunning,I agree with you and Brenda about Eva's interest in the clump of daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely GORGEOUS daffs and a pretty background too.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. It's still a bit chilly, so I've made you a nice hot chocolate and added extra marshmallows! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet daffodils! And sweet pup photo! Very pretty card - glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous card Vicky! So lovely with the dimension and your gorgeous colouring. I have a couple of Lisa Horton 3D embossing folders which come with a die to cut then emboss a single element - but, with the steady hand you obviously have you made it work as good or even better! Perhaps you ought to copyright hand cutting, wink. Ah dear Eva - so cute! I reckon she was reading a message left by another pooch as well. That's how they keep up with all the local gossip I believe.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card, Vicky! I love how you altered the daffodils from the embossing folder! They look so life-like! And that background paper - gorgeous! And I love how the rest of the paper is lovely and white, so clean looking! Thanks for filling in the blank for us at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, Vicky, this is GORGEOUS! Great job with fussy cutting the emboss, and your coloring is simply luscious! Beautiful design, too! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty daffodils - I love them on the soft background. Your coloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely daffodil card. I love these flowers too. I can't wait for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous! Your daffodils look so beautifully dimensional and really pop against that gorgeous background paper. This card was definitely worth skipping chores for :). Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, Vicky! I followed you here from Bonnie's this morning thinking it's far too long since I've been by! So delighted to take a stroll through your wonderful cards!
    I love how you've snipped these gorgeous daffodils and how beautifully you've colored them, too! SO jealous of those in your yard!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH! I LOVE this card (of course) SO beautiful Vicky. We have quite a few Daffodils out in the front garden. They look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! This is the way to usher in spring, Vicky! Love that you fussy cut these beauties! They are blooming here too and I saw cherry blossoms and forsythia blooming over the weekend. Seems like spring comes earlier every year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Applause applause!!! This looks just stunning and they seem so alive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! Not many daffodils are out here, yet, but I did see some miniature ones on Saturday xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this gorgeous CAS design, Vicky and the daffodils look fabulous. Such a great idea to stretch the supplies and get different looks from them. It won't be long before we see the real thing in the garden - toll on spring!
    Take care.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this! The beauty of the embossing, the way the colouring brings out the best of it, the colour combination with the paper and the lovely clean layout - just perfect! Thank you for joining in with us at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These daffodils are gorgeous Vicky; Hannelie Bester invested in a similar EF featuring tulips (check out her blog if you haven't seen it) - I think you will both have me heading over to the Altenew store!! I love that they can be used as a panel or snipped too. Fabulous textural detail!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow.. your card is awesome! Love the daffodils!

    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those daffoldils are fabulous, Vicky! One of my favourite flowers too. Thanks for joining us at As You See It

    ReplyDelete
  21. Vicky - Daffys and tulips are my favorite spring flowers so I am really loving this card! What a great idea to fussy cut these and color them! Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't know how I missed this beautiful card. Love those daffodils - congrats on being a playground pick.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)