Pages

Friday 24 February 2023

Rustic Garden

Hello, crafting friends!

The delicate little flowers on today's card are made with my favourite crafty item at the moment - the Botanicuts Wildflower Mix dies from The Greetery. They are quite fiddly but absolutely addictive!
 
 
I coloured my flowers with sponge daubers before glueing them together.
 

To showcase my flowers, I used a kraft card base and cut a matching panel using one of the Nordic Frame dies, also from The Greetery. I made a background by scribbling on the panel with a white watercolour crayon then glued the flowers on it in a curve. 
 

Finally, I stamped a sentiment from an old Stampin' Up set and popped up another sentiment from Uniko's Floral Vines over the top of it.

CHALLENGES
I've been wanting to join in with The Flower Challenge's Use Your Latest Stamps/Dies theme all month and think I will just get this card in before the deadline!


AND IN OTHER NEWS
I have become very, very fond of this little cutie!
 

He's quite a dignified chap who turns into a little babe when he falls asleep!

Sending hugs,

8 comments:

  1. Vicky, those little flower dies are truly a delight, although I can see how patience would be necessary for all the tiny pieces. Still, you made a beautiful design with them - they look wonderful against the rustic look of the white background panel! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Flower Challenge, always lovely to see your card in the gallery!

    Stef, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using the white crayon on the diecut panel created a wonderful background for the delicate florals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty card Vicky. The flowers are lovely, as is the the Nordic frame.

    Aww - the sleeping dog picture could be a best seller he’s so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pretty and delicate creation Vicky and I'm very drawn to the details die used for the mat. Butter wouldn't melt with that little chap - until he wakes up, rather like our Hamish.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow such a beautiful floral card Vicky! so delicate looking too and love the fancy edge. Your doggie is very cute also! Thanks for sharing with us over at ‘The Flower Challenge’ 😉 Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet little flowers and sentiment, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those delicate dies are well worth the time and effort. It's beautiful xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those delicate flowers and the shading highlights the background die beautifully. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)