Pages

Saturday 8 April 2023

A friendly garden

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Are you ready for a little clean and simple inspiration? Well it's time for another Addicted to CAS challenge and Toni has come up with this word prompt: 
 
 
I've made a spring note card to send to a friend.
 

The stamps I used are the Greetery's Springtime stamp set which are designed to work with some hourglass shaped dies. I found they also worked really well with some stitched circle dies from Waffleflower! I stamped the ground repeatedly, then added the flowers in springtime oranges and yellows, cut the scene out with the die and sponged blue ink round the sky area.
 

I stamped a tiny butterfly from an old Stampin' Up set to add a bit of movement to the scene and a little kitten (an ancient wood mount stamp) to watch it flutter about. To finish, I stamped a Uniko sentiment in grey beneath the circle.

Okay, so now it's your turn to think about gardens - but no need to leave the craft room ;) Hop over to the Addicted to CAS challenge blog and check out the fabulous inspiration from the rest of the team. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and can use it to share your own creation with us. Don't forget to keep your card nice and clean and simple with plenty of white space will you... we can't wait to see what you make!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up with Try it on Tuesday where the theme is Hello Spring; also Stamping Sensations where the theme for April is Anything Stamped with the Option of CAS; At We Love Stamping the theme is Anything Stamped with optional (real) animals or birds; Ellie's theme at Allsorts over the Easter holiday is In the Spring Garden so I'm joining in there too.
 
AND IN OTHER NEWS
I've been looking after the lovely Lady Dora this week, an aristocratic black cat, who always looks as if she's wearing a crinoline and a white lace bodice when seated.
 

There's another black cat in the area - an attractive but vulgar chap who lounges around in a rumpled suit of fur and has all the appearance of having been out on the tiles all night. He has designs on Lady Dora's virtue and sometimes tries to gain entrance into Her Ladyship's residence for a free meal so I have to protect her from his wily ways. Sometimes I suspect her of making secret assignations with him... It's all drama around here I can tell you!

Sending hugs,

19 comments:

  1. That’s a delightful Spring card for your friend.

    Lady Dora looks very elegant. I hope the local rogue leaves her alone!!

    Happy Easter! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have built of such a pretty Spring scene Vicky, but the question is will that puss make a leap for the Butterfly or just watch it flutter by?

    Wishing you a Happy Easter.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitty watching a butterfly is adorable,a lovely garden scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet garden, Vicky! The kitty looks so realistic and ready to try to catch that butterfly! Sounds like all kinds of drama at your house with your houseguest! Cats are so dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a purrrrfect spring scene, and that kitten is so cute, as is Lady Dora 😍 Happy Easter 🐣 Vicky! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. At first I was wondering why there is a cat on your card and not a dog. But by the end of the post I got it.
    What a beauty and she reminds me of our Pauline.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicky, long time! Sorry not been around or crafting much but this card as always is a joy. Your attention to detail astounds me-the layered ground, the soft sky, the tiny butterfly then just popping up the cat for dimension! Sending hugs my dear friend and hoping all is well xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi again Vicky, just pooped back to thank you for linking up at our challenges, lovely to have you join in with your pretty card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just delightful, I could look at it all day! Lady Dora does look like she should have servants - as all cats of course have! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So entranced with your card I missed you entering at Stamping Sensations - thanks so much L x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling scene in the spring garden! Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty garden scene Vicki - I love your wee kitty. Thanks so much for sharing at We Love Stamping this month using the (optional) theme.
    Lady Dora certainly is an elegant we lass - I do hope the local rogue is thwarted in his hopes.
    Blessings
    Maxine WLS DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely springtime scene, thank you for linking this sweet card with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful!! Thank you for joining at stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is such a perfect spring card. Thank you for sharing at allsorts. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty spring card and love the addition of the kitty. As for the real life diva she does look pretty aristocratic and as usual the local "bad boy" has designs on her I'm sure she's loving all of the attention.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet little garden scene Vicky! the cat is adorable but I think that butterfly needs to keeps its wits about it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn't want you to think I forgot your post Vicky. This is such an adorable card. I'm loving that kitty. Thanks for sharing it with us at TIOT. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)